Career TV Station – A reputable national TV news channels based in Abuja is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
- Job Position: Presenter / Reporter
- Job Location: Abuja
- Produce, Report, and Present live day-to-day content across media platforms. The candidate may contribute to the planning and other output duties.
- Has an accomplished presentation style, built up through training and lower-level presenting roles, which is fluent, engages the viewer, and reflects the values of the channel.
- Broadcast in a manner that is engaging, entertaining, and readily understandable by a non-specialist audience.
- Generate ideas and stories; contribute to the creative treatment and be involved in the production of an item or program.
- Provide clear treatments and proposals, ensuring consistency of content, quality, and style.
- Interview reporters, and local experts/advocates / political figures/policymakers in order to elicit information, and fill in the gaps in stories.
- Research, script, and present output content meeting the highest journalistic standards
- Make the best use of new technologies – in particular developments in social media in delivering our journalism to audiences and to set an example in learning to operate new systems and adapting to different working methods
- Liaise closely with other team members and with other departments to ensure that output material is shared, duplication is avoided, and best practice is upheld.
- Build and maintain diverse contact lists and databases; compile and share information with other members of the team.
- To provide timely, expert, and authoritative news coverage and analysis on news and events of interest to the audience.
- Be a trained Journalist and/or have a strong journalistic background.
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Journalism, Communications or related field
- A minimum of at least 3 years experience
- Experience in presenting live news-based content as a presenter, correspondent/reporter, or contributor
- A thorough understanding of production methods used and the ability to adapt to new media.
- Demonstrates balanced and objective judgment based on a thorough understanding of Editorial guidelines, target audience, program and department objectives
- Demonstrates excellence in the use of broadcast and computer-based technology.
- Ability to convey story and program ideas and to contribute fully to the planning process.
- The flexibility and adaptability to sustain performance, particularly under pressure to meet deadlines and changing priorities and circumstances.
- Attach alongside side your application, a showreel of your work in the last 3 years.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online