9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
Job Position: Head, Pricing
Job Location: Lagos
- Business planning, forecast and forecast of commercial KPIs
- Develop and maintain competitive tariffs plans for all EMTS’s products and services
- Market research and competitive analysis
- Forecasting, Budgeting and budgetary control on Subscriber count, revenue, handsets, and cost of sales for the entire Commercial Group
- Advise top Management on major business KPIs trajectory and implications for the organization’s strategic objectives
Preparation of the Business Plan:
- Analyze market trends and available data and provide input in the development of a competitive pricing strategy forall EMTS’s products/services.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practices as it relates to telecoms pricing and tariff determination.
- Continuously review the activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Identify required resources, personnel and funding to achieve the unit’s strategy.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide input in the development of pricing processes, policies, and procedures for EMTS.
- Assist in the determination of optimal tariffs for all EMTs’s products and services (ranging from voice calls and SMSto other VAS) and proffer recommendations to the Director, Market Strategy, Pricing & Insight
- Propose/ recommend appropriate price changes based on results of market trend analysis as well as industry realities.
- Possess adequate knowledge of pricing-related regulations and ensure that all EMTS’s tariffs comply with defined standards.
- Liaise with the Regulatory and Corporate Affairs team to ensure prompt approval of all pricing submissions.
- Liaise with relevant departments/divisions/units in determining appropriate pricing for promotional offerings.
- Oversee the conduct of periodic quality checks in different locations to ensure that the actual billing for allEMTS’s products and services comply with approved and published tariffs.
- Provide clear direction, set targets, prioritize tasks and assign responsibilities to the Pricing and Tariffs team.
- Monthly, quarterly, and half-yearly forecast of commercial KPIs in line with prevailing market conditions and prevailing business realities.
- Regularly generate market and competitive insights to inform business decision-making.
- Execute market research requirements for the business and manage relationships with the research agencies
- Implement the unit’s work programs and plans in line with agreed-upon procedures and guidelines.
- Plan and manage the human and material resources of the unit to optimize performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives. Ensure adequate training and development is delivered to subordinates on the tariff determination process.
- Alignment of strategic plan products and projects to come up with annual/quarterly Sales & MarketingOPEX budget in conformance with established procedures, regulations, and organizational objectives
- Monitor and control the budgetary needs of the unit.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Director, CommercialPlanning, Analytics, and Pricing.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director, Commercial Planning, Analytics, Pricing.
- First Degree or equivalent in a numerate discipline.
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Postgraduate / professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Nine (9) to twelve (12) years work experience, with at least three (3) years in a managerial role
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online