Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections, and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
- Job Position: Procurement and Logistics Officer
- Job ID: 2021-1819
- Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno or Yola, Adamawa State.
- The Procurement and Logistics Officer will be responsible for reviewing overall procurement processes, tracking procurement of goods and services through the procurement cycle, ensuring that adequate competition is achieved for procurement, and providing regular procurement mentoring to project staff to support project implementation.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Implement procurement processes and logistics operations for the project, including grants, strictly following all rules and regulations as well as all stipulations established by Nigerian law:
- Rule and regulations include:
- ADS (Automated Directive System)
- FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations)
- CFR (U.S. Code of Federal Regulations)
- AAPD (Acquisition & Assistance Policy Directive)
- Local Nigerian Law
- Review and recommend changes to procurement policies and procedures as required.
- Maintain policies for procurement processes.
- Manage/maintain a registry and file system for procurement to allow for efficient document and process audits.
- Maintain the privacy of grantees and vendors.
- Maintain procurement files, including proposals, evaluations, award documents, official contracts, and correspondence on all procurement, following policies, and local law.
- Provide training on procurement and delivery of goods and services to the program team, grantees, and beneficiaries as it pertains to established protocols by the project and local law.
- Manage account status for all credit accounts established with vendors.
- Supervise and verify the procurement of materials according to the context and or/needs of the beneficiary, community, and/or project.
- Develop and analyze technical specifications of materials, with consideration for investment, loss, and associated value; review and adjust budgets, as needed.
- Design and prepare Terms of Reference and/or technical specifications for materials, goods, and services, for contracts, acquisitions, and procurements, in collaboration with the program team.
- Ensure presentation of sufficient selection that meets requirements of quality assurance, delivery, and transparency.
- Work with local, national, and international vendors of goods and services to ensure quality, maintain the professional distance required to ensure high ethical standards.
- Ensure competitive procurement by attracting potential vendors for the purchase of goods or services either through direct, bid invitation, or other mechanisms that ensure high standards of transparency.
- Designate or participate in evaluation committees for proposals submitted by the various vendors, according to the solicited terms of reference and regulations.
- Verify the quality and quantity of products according to the context and/or needs of the beneficiary, community, and/or project.
- Process procurement according to respective rules and regulations.
- Maintain strict control of grant budgets and financial expenditures.
- Coordinate delivery logistics with the program team and/or grantees to obtain the required permits including delivery receipts.
- Coordinate transportation, permits, authorizations, insurance, loading and unloading of goods/materials, and financial allocation of related expenses under grants.
- Prepare budgets, solicit quotations, negotiate, conduct analysis, and recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees.
- Communicate all delivery schedules corresponding to grant and operations procurement, including the projection of related expenses.
- Verify deliverables are complete and done in a timely manner.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
- University Degree in Management, Business Administration, Law, or related field.
- At least 4 years of general work experience with at least 2 years of procurement experience.
- Prior USAID or other donor experience is highly desirable.
- Experience with budgeting and cost analysis.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to develop tracking systems.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to function well in a team setting.
- Written and spoken fluency in English.
- Fluency in one or more of the local languages spoken in northeastern Nigeria.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging and complicated administrative issues.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Must be willing and able to work in Maiduguri or Yola, Nigeria.
- Must have existing work authorization for Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The exact location of this position is to be confirmed but may be based in Maiduguri or Yola, Nigeria. Candidates must be willing and able to live in either location.