Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
Job Position: Procurement Coordinator
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Coordinates the sourcing section of the procurement unit and liaises with concerned programmes and departments such as Administration and Finance on Procurement Requests to ensure the right supplies and services are requested and ensures timely procurement and delivery of goods and services to the requesters.
- The position is expected to support the humanitarian programmes in Maiduguri, Biu and Damboa.
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: Humanitarian Supply Chain Manager
- Staff directly reporting to this post: Procurement Officers
- Implement procurement planning and strategy by conducting regular market surveys of goods and services in order to establish and maintain a well-defined Supplier database.
- Educate and assist all customers on planning of procurement (bulk orders) and ensure that all required documents are forwarded by the budget holders in time, with clear specifications, financial codes and appropriate authorization.
- Support supplier selection and contracting activities by initiating tender processes on standard items purchased regularly with the goal to establish standard Framework Agreements/Pre-qualified suppliers and contracts with main dealers and qualified and committed suppliers.
- Support call for interests to identify new suppliers by reviewing procurement documents prepared by the Procurement Officer (Sourcing) for correctness, transparency and full compliance with Audit and internal procedures and regulations.
- Prepare regular (monthly) procurement activity reports for submission to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Conduct market analysis to check on prices, products and suppliers and advise on best sources of supply and freighting options.
- Take lead on tender processes with support from Humanitarian Supply Chain Manager
- Ensure all appropriate due diligence checks and risk assessments are carried out in line with organizational policy.
- Produce management procurement information reports on a monthly and quarterly basis, including data analysis and recommendations on improving the efficiency of procurement services.
- Ensure professional management of all suppliers including maintaining good supplier relations and supplier performance review against key performance indicators and framework agreements, regularly updating this information into a global supplier database.
- Make suppliers aware of Save the Children values, policies and procedures and their need to comply as part of agreements.
- Supervise and build capacity of the Procurement Officers
- Perform any other duties assigned by Line Manager.
- Master’s Degree in Procurement & Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or Business Related Field.
- Bachelor’s Degree + Post Graduate Qualification in Procurement/Logistics/Supply Chain Management accepted in lieu of Master’s Degree.
- 5+ years of proven and practical experience in procurement and contract management, including ability to review procurement demands and trends, and to develop strategies to fill identified gaps.
- Field level experience in procurement and logistics or supply chain management for INGOs in development and emergency programmes in Nigeria.
- Knowledge of key institutional donors and their compliance requirements in respect of logistics and procurement.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major emergencies including travelling at short notice and for extended periods of time.
- Highly organised with good administration skills for order and information management, able to develop filing systems and databases to ensure an auditable trail.
- A high level of computer literacy (word, excel, ppt. etc).
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds suppliers accountable to deliver on their responsibilities
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and takes responsibility for their own personal development
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Cuts away bureaucracy and encourages an entrepreneurial approach
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
- Displays consistent excellent judgment
11th August 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online