Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) is a registered National NGO with CAC No: CAC/IT/NO 25643 and has been in operation for over 10 years. Our mission is to work with the poor and socially excluded people and government for the promotion of environmental and human rights protection in communities in Nigeria, aimed at poverty reduction through education, information sharing, research, training, and direct impact interventions in the area of humanitarian emergency response and development. Currently, we have a physical presence in Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Abuja, Cross River, Akwa Ibom states.
- Job Position: Procurement & Logistic Assistant
- Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Procurement and Logistics Assistant will support in reviewing overall procurement processes, tracking procurements of goods and services through the procurement cycle, ensuring that adequate competition is achieved for procurements, and providing regular procurement mentoring to project staff to support project implementation.
- Maintain the privacy of grantees and vendors.
- Maintain procurement files, including proposals, evaluations, award documents, official contracts, and correspondence on all procurements, following policies and local law.
- Provide training on procurement and delivery of goods and services to the program team, grantees, and beneficiaries as it pertains to established protocols by the project and local law.
- Manage account status for all credit accounts established with vendors.
- Supervise and verify the procurement of materials according to the context and or/needs of the beneficiary, community, and/or project.
- Develop and analyze technical specifications of materials, with consideration for investment, loss, and associated value; review and adjust budgets, as needed.
- Design and prepare Terms of Reference and/or technical specifications for materials, goods, and services, for contracts, acquisitions, and procurements, in collaboration with the program team.
- Ensure presentation of sufficient selection that meets requirements of quality assurance, delivery, and transparency.
- Work with local, national, and international vendors of goods and services to ensure quality, maintain the professional distance required to ensure high ethical standards.
- Ensure competitive procurements by attracting potential vendors for the purchase of goods or services either through direct, bid invitation, or other mechanisms that ensure high standards of transparency.
- Maintain strict control of grant budgets and financial expenditures.
- Coordinate delivery logistics with the program team and/or grantees to obtain the required permits including delivery receipts.
- Coordinate transportation, permits, authorizations, insurance, loading and unloading of goods/materials, and financial allocation or related expenses under grants.
- Prepare budgets, solicit quotations, negotiate, conduct analysis and recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees.
- Communicate all delivery schedules corresponding to grant and operations procurements, including the projection of related expenses.
- Verify deliverables are complete and done in a timely manner.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
- University Degree / HND or National Diploma in Management, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or related field.
- At least 2 years of general work experience with at least one year of procurement experience.
- Prior donor experience is highly desirable.
- Experience with budgeting and cost analysis.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to develop tracking systems.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to function well in a team setting.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Hausa languages
- Fluency in one or more of the local languages spoken in northeastern Nigeria.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging and complicated administrative issues.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Must be willing and able to work in Borno state, Nigeria.
24th February 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] and copy [email protected] with the position as the subject of an email addressed to the email address and also request for the Competency form.
- Only applications submitted together with the completed competency form shall be review for shortlisting.
- Equal opportunities for female candidates to apply.