Agbeyewa Farms is a world-class agribusiness with farm operations in Ekiti State, Nigeria. We have foresight for expansion into Africa whilst we create decent jobs and economic opportunities for local communities and become a force to reckon with in the agribusiness on a global scale.
Job Position: Procurement Manager
Job Location: Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti
- We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Agri Commodities Procurement Specialist to join our team.
- The primary responsibility of this role is to oversee the sourcing and procurement of agricultural commodities to meet our organization’s requirements.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies and policies for agricultural commodities to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Identify and evaluate potential suppliers of agricultural commodities, ensuring they meet quality standards and comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Conduct market research and analysis to stay updated on industry trends, pricing fluctuations, and supply and demand dynamics for various agricultural commodities.
- Monitor and assess supplier performance, including delivery schedules, quality control, and adherence to contractual agreements.
- Negotiate and secure favorable terms and conditions with suppliers, including pricing, payment terms, and delivery schedules, to ensure cost-effective procurement.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, such as production, logistics, and finance teams, to ensure timely availability of agricultural commodities for production and distribution.
- Manage supplier relationships, including conducting periodic performance reviews, addressing any issues or disputes, and fostering long-term partnerships.
- Analyze and forecast commodity market trends and communicate insights to the management team to support decision-making.
- Stay updated on relevant industry regulations, certifications, and sustainability standards to ensure compliance and promote responsible sourcing practices.
- Develop and maintain procurement documentation, such as contracts, purchase orders, and supplier agreements, while ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Supply Chain Management, or a related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- Proven experience in agricultural commodities procurement, preferably in a trading or procurement role within the agribusiness sector.
- In-depth knowledge of agricultural commodities markets, including price drivers, trading patterns, and supply chain dynamics.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a data-driven approach to decision-making.
- Familiarity with quality control standards, regulatory requirements, and sustainability practices in the agricultural industry.
- Proficient in using procurement software and tools, as well as MS Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in procurement documentation and contract management.
- Knowledge of international trade regulations and experience in global sourcing is desirable
- Competitive Compensation.
- 5 – day work week.
- Competitive Health Insurance (Employee + Spouse + 4 children).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online