The Farmers Friend Saro AgroSciences Ltd the first company in the Group started out in 1991. Today it’s the leading marketer of Crop Protection Products in Nigeria & Ghana, committed to empowering Two Million Farmers within the next 5 years with superior agro-input (CPP, Seeds & Fertilizer) & Knowledge that will enable them to increase their yield & livelihood in a sustainable manner.
- Kaduna, Funtua-Katsina, Malumfashi-Nassarawa, Ibadan-Oyo, Shedam-Plateau
- The Procurement officer is expected to lead the procurement effort at the Farmer-facing Local Buying Agent and Farm Gate tiers.
- Liaises with the key suppliers to determine the adequacy of available resources.
- Manages the interface between the company and her Key Suppliers to deepen relationship and resolution of supplier conflicts
- Provides regular and accurate information on crop flow & Farm activity, competitors’ activity and data on the volume of the commodity traded in specified zones
- Leads all efforts aimed at new supplier acquisition and new Farmers’ Group development aimed at achieving the growth objectives of the company for the zone
- Directs and coordinates the activities of her key suppliers through Daily Feedback and Weekly Reports
- Minimum of an OND in any field
- Applicant must have a minimum of 5yrs working experience as a Procurement Officer of Agricultural produce, raw materials and finished food products
- Age: 30 – 40 years old
Special Skills/Key Behavioural Competencies:
- Integrity-Sound moral character.
- Disciplined-Doing the right thing no matter his mood.
- Sound knowledge of the product (s).
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills.
- Alertness and result oriented-eyes on the outcome.
- Problem-solving and ‘can-do spirit’
- Innovative and Creative
- Humble, honest and hardworking
- Paying attention to details.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
Kindly use the Job role as the subject of the mail.