The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
- Job Position: Procurement Officer
- Requisition ID: req12374
- Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Sector: Supply Chain
- Employment Category: Regular
- Open to Expatriates: No
- The Procurement Officer is a key position within Supply Chain and carries responsibility for the integrity of the IRC’s procurement system.
- Supply Chain must be able to rapidly procure Program supplies, services, and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
- This individual will be responsible for carrying out procurement processes and activities at the Maiduguri field site, Borno state, and provide support to the Area Base offices in compliance with IRC and donor regulations
- Attend all procurement committee meetings,
- Coordination with Finance, Admin and programs department to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation,
- Ensuring that a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented, maintained, and advise the Logistics Manager of procurement-specific issues or improvements, ensuring that all Supplies, services, and equipment required are delivered in time, establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers
- Maintain supplier information for regularly purchased items, and be informed of current local market conditions.
- Ensuring that procurement is carried out in accordance with IRC and donor-specific policies.
- Attend all the procurement committee meetings.
- Coordination with Finance, Admin, and program departments to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors, and full, auditable support documentation.
- Ensuring that a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented and maintained.
- Routine communication, coordination, and planning with the relevant requesting staff/programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies.
- Ensuring that all Supplies, services, and equipment required are delivered in time.
- Establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers.
- Maintain supplier information for regularly purchased items and be informed of current local market conditions.
- Support and provide the appropriate training for procurement and program staff as required.
- Manage Procurement staff and Procurement Clerk.
- Advise the Logistics Manager of procurement-specific issues or improvements.
- Any other duties or tasks delegated by Logistics Manager.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to The Procurement Officer directly reports to the Procurement Manager
- Position directly supervises: N / A
- Indirect Reporting: Supply Chain Manager and Supply Chain Coordinator
- Other Internal and/or External Contacts:
- Internal: Finance and the Program Sectors
- External: Suppliers/Vendors
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Undergraduate or Bachelor University Degree, preferably in Management, Administration or related fields
- At least 3 years, maintain attention to detail, and coordinate multiple tasks to meet deadlines,
- Effective time management and organizational skills,
- Ability to multi-task, Team spirit and problem-solving abilities,
- Good knowledge and use of Microsoft excel and A good command of English language
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online