Ultimus Holdings is a global investment company with the sole purpose of contributing to the sustainable development of African economies. Our investing deployment is broad-based and long-term. We specifically invest in sectors that demonstrate growth; leveraging our sector expertise in ensuring we become market leaders in all operational portfolios.
Job Position: Procurement Officer
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- The Procurement Officer reports to the Senior Procurement Officer and is involved in maximizing project margin, adding value to the construction process by proactive involvement in procurement, cost management and reporting.
- The Procurement Officer derives the best value from suppliers and subcontractors, carries out monthly financial reviews on projects and forecast final outturn values for cost, sales and margin.
- Develop and implement new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing contracts with subcontractors and suppliers
- Meet subcontractors and suppliers on-site where necessary
- Ensure compliance to project budgets and provide analysis of deviations
- Research new materials for design and cost savings
- Ensure that all subcontractors and suppliers provide insurance policies for products delivered
- Maintain a mutual beneficial relationship with suppliers and distributors to ensure adequate suppliers at all times for the company and to continually improve pricing and quality of work
- Establish new relationships with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of work
- Ensure awareness and company compliance to all building codes and local construction guidelines.
- Assist in maintaining company quality control program
- Leverage technology, safety measures, and information sharing to increase productivity and profitability
- Handle change order requests and forecast upcoming demand
- Manage materials/equipment inventory
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders
- Positively represent the company at all times through a success-oriented and professional demeanor
- Work with team members to complete duties as needed.
- At least a Second-Class Upper Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying (Q.S.)
- Upper Limit High National Diploma in Q.S.
- Must be Certified by the Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (NIQS)
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Quantity Surveyor / Procurement Officer in the Construction industry
- Proficient in standard industry software.
31st August 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online