WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
Job Position: Contracts and Procurement Officer
Job Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers (On-site)
- Carries out procurement for Offshore Facilities and as required.
- Work with the Operations Department on the identification of all material and service requirements on an annual, quarterly and monthly basis to ensure proper procurement and contracting planning and implementation.
- Review all PRs, ensure specifications and scope of work are adequately defined and unambiguous, seek clarification on technical requirements if required prior to the final endorsement of the PR by the approval authority.
- Receive Purchase Requisitions (PR) for material / services requirements from Operations Department and process all requisite documentation in line with Contracting and Procurement guidelines.
- Identity suitable vendors from Data base and also confirm suitability of such vendors as might be expedient.
- Attend to all clarification requests ensuring effective communication and feedback through various channels, in conjunction with User Department.
- Receive quotes according to appropriate procedures commensurate with financial level, evaluate quotes and prepare all award recommendation for formal presentation to requisite authorities.
- Present all proposals to the GBC and ensure procurement of required endorsements.
- Negotiate rates with Contractors/Vendors ensuring value for money as might be necessary
- Prepare and process Purchase Orders (PO)/Call Off’s and Contracts in line with standard templates and obtain required approvals and signatures prior to formal issuance to awardees.
- Manage all contract exceptions to standard commercial terms and conditions, price, delivery time and place, financial status, quality control and shipping in collaboration with the Legal Department.
- Facilitate contract kick-off meetings as and when required to ensure seamless commencement of all service and procurement activities.
- Manage all required interface between supplier and end user on any issues regarding orders issued.
- Provide required C&P clarification to Supplier/Contractors throughout the work execution phase.
- Raise required variation orders in line with Company’s procedure if necessary and ensure all required endorsements and approvals are obtained prior to issuance of requisite Addendum/Addenda.
- Review all claims from Supplier/Vendors and ensure that spurious claims are dealt with timely to avoid further escalation and also facilitate the review and closure of valid claims.
- Facilitate the entry of required contracts and procurement data through SAGE and ensure proper alignment with associated platforms such as Maximo, in concert with User Departments.
- Monitor Sage system for late or undelivered orders and follow up with suppliers to ensure timely delivery,
- Store procurement documents and maintain auditable records of requisition and bid documents and the contract in SharePoint.
- Prepare and submit all reports to ensure management information.
- Participate in all activities relating to cost optimization and ensure the continuous capture of all savings by the Department
- Conduct periodic market survey on materials/services relating to operations/logistics and build a mini data for use in negotiations and bid analysis.
- Conduct bi-annual Supplier performance reports to facilitate the filtering of non-performing vendors towards ensuring the integrity of Company’s Vendor Data base.
- Support all Department activities relating to vendors’ registration on the Vendors portal
- Other duties as assigned by Procurement Management.
- Key Performance Indicators
- Compliance with C&P Policies and Procedures.
- Submission of Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Procurement Plan.
- Timely submission of Evaluation Reports.
- 100% claims avoidance from inadequate commercial coverage.
- 100% Compliance with Purchase order cycle time.
- Effective Expediting and timely material delivery
- 0% returns to vendors and/or complaints from internal clients or end users.
- Timely submission of reports/presentations.
- BA/BS Degree or HND in an Engineering discipline, Business or Accounting and/or Supply Chain.
- Master’s degree desirable but not mandatory
- Membership of appropriate Professional organization(s) such as CIPS or similar institutes.
Experience and Related Skill Sets:
- Five (5) to Eight (8) years cognate experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Understanding of upstream oil and gas industry including offshore operations.
- Ability to understand technical details of technical purchases in the oil and gas industry.
- Proficient in the application of procurement terms relating to Purchase Orders.
- Excellent numerical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of integrity is essential.
- Must be a team Player.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on stretch targets.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Power point
- Proficiency on the use of Business Applications (eg. Sage Procurement, Maximo, Sun Business, SAP etc) at an advanced level is an added advantage.
- Ability to manage strenuous activities and heavy lifts.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online