CcHUB is Nigeria’s first open living lab and pre-incubation space being designed to be a multi-functional, multi-purpose space where work to catalyze creative social tech ventures take place. The HUB is a place for technologists, social entrepreneurs, government, tech companies, impact investors and hackers in and around Lagos to co-create new solutions to the many social problems in Nigeria.
Job Position: Product Designer
Job Location: Lagos
- As Senior Product Designer, your responsibilities will include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements, and building navigation components that improve learning experiences for our users.
- To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframing tools.
- You’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our user’s needs and meet our business objectives as well as collaborate with the rest of the product team to evolve and refine our design process, ensuring visual cohesion across all user touchpoints
- Maintain ownership of the product vision and roadmap and improve the product development process. Lead the team in expanding mastery of the business goals of each design request and pushing back on stakeholders with innovative UX/UI proposals.
- Own the end-to-end design strategy and solutions for high-profile, complex projects – from IA to storyboards to wireframes to user flows to high-fidelity mockups to clickable prototypes, and everything in between.
- Validate ideas throughout the lifecycle of the project by partnering with product, incorporating insights into design iterations and helping translate learnings into product decisions.
- Together with the Product Manager, build product strategies across products and conceptual directions for digital products to ensure the strategic and conceptual approach is crystal clear in the digital products.
- Conduct A/B testing to validate design solutions and measure the impact of design changes on key metrics.
- Design and prototype elegant solutions for web and mobile apps.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness).
- Combine UX thinking with design execution, to produce usable and intuitive user interfaces.
- Conduct usability testing & Heuristic evaluations.
- 4+ years of proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role.
- You have a strong portfolio and deep passion and expertise in at least 3–4 of these areas: Interaction design and information architecture, visual design, game design or assets creation, working with or creating comprehensive design systems, accessibility and inclusive design, qualitative and quantitative research, service design processes and frameworks, design thinking and workshop facilitation, discursive/speculative design
- A portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications.
- You have the ability to juggle ambiguous and broad problems/opportunities along with smaller well-defined projects.
- A strong command of contemporary design tools including Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Adobe InDesign and illustrator.
- You are comfortable in ambiguous situations and dynamic environments that run similar to a startup, where you regularly interact with and gather feedback from Senior Leadership.
- You bring a lean approach to product design and regularly ask yourself: how do we learn quickly and ship regularly? What’s the most concise experience we can deliver that still provides value?
- You are an active participant in design reviews, both in delivering feedback to teammates to strengthen their work, but also in soliciting feedback at every step of the process.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work on own initiative within set guidelines and as part of a team.
- User-centric, flexible, proactive, able to generate ideas and create solutions to problems.
- Business know-how: Understanding
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online