Founders Factory Africa (FFA) is a pan-African company investing in transformative early-stage ventures, from founders with an idea to ventures raising a Seed round.
Job Position: Product Designer, Nigeria
Job Location: Lagos
- The Product Designer is passionate about helping ventures deliver a user experience that best fits their customer’s needs. This support is critical to helping the ventures get to Product Market Fit (PMF) faster, which we believe is the best objective for early-stage startups.
- The Product Designer’s work alongside other professionals in the FFA Studio is therefore at the heart of FFA’s vision of being the best partner for early-stage entrepreneurs in Africa.
- Product Designers are assigned their own portfolio of startups currently in FFA support programs.. They work within a cross-functional team of experts (Design, Engineering, Growth, Product, Talent, Partnerships) to help each startup identify and address the immediate needs on the journey to PMF.
- Product Designers specifically work with the FFA Product Leads to help the founders and their Design team deepen their understanding of the customer and their journey, and improve on the product’s UX/UI accordingly.
- They facilitate sessions for extraction of insights, ideation, and setting up and reviewing of experiments. Product Designers work alongside the startup’s Design team, and also help upskill them. They are FFA’s subject matter experts on Visual and User Experience Design.
- Leading visual and user experience design for portfolio startups
- Informing product development and strategy across a portfolio of accelerated businesses
- Serving as a subject matter expert on user experience and visual design to internal teams and portfolio startups
- Conceptualizing original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to a variety of design challenges.
- Advising on all aspects of design, including branding & typography
- Leading workshops and other collaborative sessions to move the design process forward
- Creating process flows, site maps, wireframes, screen prototypes and functional specifications.
- Extensive design experience in customer facing products w/ ideal candidates having experience across both enterprise and consumer product development cycles
- Proven track record in delivering successful mobile and web product experiences from idea inception to launch that end users love
- Expertise with Figma and Miro.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail.
- Fluent in responsive design, mobile/tablet UX/UI
- Fluent in Material Design and Human Interface Design Guidelines
- History of high performance in prior roles with clear and swift advancement in responsibilities in these roles
27th November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online