Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose – to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
Job Position: Product Designer
Job Location: Yaba, Lagos
- Our purpose at Paga is to make it simple for 1 billion people to access and use money. We do that by delivering innovative financial services to the mass market across large, underserved markets.
- At Paga we value above all else, Collaboration, Ownership, Results Orientation, Integrity and Innovation (CORII).
- As a Product Designer you will own responsibility for the aesthetic quality and functional usability of one or more of the products and/or features from the set of Products that Paga delivers to it’s external and internal customers.
- Engaging external and internal customers to understand user behaviour and needs and translating that into concrete product design artifacts
- Designing and improving product functional usability through user feedback and metrics
- Developing and executing clear design principles and guidelines for Paga products
- Collaborating in designing and implementing user interface and component libraries to standardize and simplify the task of UI product development
- Reviewing providing feedback on implemented products to drive delightful product aesthetics
- Helping champion design principles and aesthetic sensibility with product managers and software engineers
- Paga’s existing product development team structure is split between Lagos, Nigeria and Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, so this role, based out of Lagos, comes with the expectation of very strong remote collaboration and self-management skills.
- There will be the expectation of occasional travel to some of the Paga office locations for training, team events, user-engagement and general market-empathy development.
- Product design activities at Paga fall within the Product Development group, which has discrete, full-stack (from a resource perspective) teams dedicated to a functional organization unit. For example, one of the functional team in the Product Development team is the Agent Network Team which is responsible for development and delivery of products used by the large network of financial service delivery point (agents), across the countries where Paga exists.
- As a full-stack team, this team includes project management, product management, software and database engineering, quality assurance, and UI/UX/Product-Design resources. All teams execute product development using Agile (Scrum) methodologies.
To be an effective product designer at Paga:
- You must have good user empathy to translate user needs into tangible design.
- You must have an excellent sense of aesthetics and visual design that is appropriate for financial service product delivery
- You must be able to keep abreast of design trends and innovations in design and software technologies that allow more compelling and usable product design.
- You must have strong software component implementation skills including using collaborative visual design tools and standard UI software development technologies (eg. HTML & CSS)
- You must be able to communicate your design ideas clearly
- You must have the ability to multitask and effectively prioritize a competing number of objectives simultaneously
- You must be comfortable with rapid change and be willing to take ownership to deliver results in a high-pressure product development environment
- You must be able to work well in a team comprised of multiple product development skills including other product designers
- As a remote product development team member, communication and collaboration are key.
- You will need to be excellent at utilizing remote communication tools and applying clear communication and collaboration practices to effectively engage with your “customers”, team mates and other company stakeholders.
- Product design activities – Execute specific product designs including visual product interfaces, flows and prototyping/coding of product interfaces using software user interface tools/languages
- Product development team design growth – Development of product development team design resources and skill such as component libraries and design thinking skills — work with peer and junior product managers (and more generally – product development team at large) to grow over product development team aesthetic sense
- User engagement – Engaging with end-users in collaboration with product managers and other business owners to gain usability insights and translating to product design
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of product design or product UI/UX experience
- Agile product development methodology experience
- Excellent visual design skills
- Experienced at using digital product design tools
- Good user interface coding skills
- Highly observant with an attentiveness to detail
- Excellent in team and cross team collaboration skills
- Great verbal/written communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking and self-management skills
- Curious, self-driven and empathetic.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online