Kuda is a full service, app-based digital bank. Our mission is to be the go-to bank not just for those living on the African continent, but also for the African diaspora wherever they might live, anywhere in the world. Kuda is free of ridiculous banking charges and great at helping customers budget, spend smartly and save more. We raised the largest seed round ever seen in Africa, and completed a Series A funding round in February 2021, led by some of the world’s smartest venture capital investors. With offices in London (our HQ), Lagos and Cape Town, and further offices opening across Africa during 2021, Kuda is fast becoming recognised as the leading ‘Neobank’ for Africans.
To help us grow into the company that can bring meaningful change to the way people across Africa get access to great financial products and services in order to take control of their personal finances, we are actively looking for bright, talented, driven people who are excited by our mission. If this sounds like a great way to spend your valuable time, then please get in touch with us.
Job Position: Product Manager – Payments
Job Location: Lagos
- We’re in search of a Product Manager to join our Payments Platform team which powers both the Kuda Retail and Kuda Business apps.
- The ideal product manager would be a visionary who has a good understanding of different modes of payments present in Nigeria, continuously researches the market finds new opportunities guides new payment product ideas from an initial concept to a full-blown product launch.
- Along the way, you will be collaborating with world-class engineers to maximize Kuda’s impact on the world.
- Manage the development process to achieve the planned objectives of the payments platform.
- Liaise with stakeholders and other teams to ensure that the development is aligned with customer feedback.
- Employ product management techniques to keep the scope, time, and cost of the development in check.
- Work with the engineering teams as a product expert.
- Comprehend payment product challenges and innovate solutions for achieving development objectives with greater efficiency.
- Work on company-defined aspects of the project and meet forecasted development goals.
- Manage and build payment data pipelines for seamless flow of payment information across connected systems.
- Work closely with product teams as a subject matter expert who can answer questions raised by the technical/developer community.
- Coordinate the quality assurance processes.
- Be comfortable with database queries to measure performance KPIs and evaluate payment experiments.
- Define payment product success criteria vis-a-vis testing and post-launch sequences.
- Constantly innovate on the payment product roadmap, managing product sprints cycles, and feature releases.
- Demonstrable experience with SQL.
- A high level of understanding in regard to product management processes and workflows.
- An ability to discuss technical issues and solutions with software engineers.
- Experience working with a product or engineering team within the banking or fintech industries working on a payments product.
- Ability to properly document user stories, and functional and technical requirement documentation.
- Advanced level experience with project and document management tools such as Notion and Jira.
- A high-level understanding of the software development process, particularly in the context of payment solutions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online