Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
- Job Position: Program Manager – GANC
- Job Location: Abuja
- Job Type: Consultancy
- Career Category: Program / Project Management
- The BMGF Group ANC project manager will be responsible for providing the vision, leadership, and direction to ensure the strategic, programmatic, technical, and financial integrity of the project is met.
- He / She will develop, maintain, strengthen and expand a collaborative approach with all key stakeholders whilst equally serving as the primary point of contact with the State Ministry of Health and its agencies and other stakeholders.
- The project will operate for an approximately 2-year period.
- Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Technical Leadership Responsibilities:
- Provide technical guidance and direction to ensure that the GANC program is technically sound, evidence-based, and responsive to the needs of Nigeria and the donor.
- Assist with coordinating the necessary technical input from partners required for key activities and work closely with external stakeholders, consultants, and experts as required.
- Contribute/coordinate with the program’s M&E of activities to ensure that the program meets set targets in accordance with national standards.
- Collaborate closely with key stakeholders, including FMOH / SMOH officials, and other stakeholders for smooth implementation.
- Work collaboratively with other program team members to ensure that necessary program planning, development, resource availability, and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- Coordinate with the Country Director for the successful delivery of technical assistance and implementation of program activities.
- Cultivate strategic relationships and alliances with other partners.
- Liaise with Jhpiego’ s Nigeria Technical Leadership Office on activity design
- Ensure compliance with the program agreement results and the oversight of program activities to achieve the stated objectives.
- Provide technical leadership in the design, analysis, and synthesis of intervention.
- Mentor, support, supervise and manage a team of highly qualified staff and align their efforts to ensure rapid and sustainable results.
- Write and/or review technical components of materials and publications related to the project and its development.
- Work closely with Jhpiego Nigeria office staff to ensure effective, timely, and coordinated project implementation.
- Contribute to annual work planning, training plans, and quarterly reports.
- Provide mentoring to State / LGA stakeholders during the implementation of activities based on the plan developed for the transfer of responsibility.
- Lead the development of the two-year plan for the transfer of responsibility and implementation to State Stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with the program team and headquarters staff to assure proper program and financial reporting, spending, and compliance with program terms and conditions.
- Evaluate program progress against deliverables on a quarterly basis.
- Promote and support the dissemination of the program’s best practices and lessons learned among the program team, key stakeholders, including the MOH, local partners, and other collaborators.
- Coordinate timely, accurate, and appropriate reporting of program activities and results to the donor, including progress and annual reports.
- Any other duties as applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social / Behavioral Sciences, Public Administration, LLB or Health-related courses. A Master’s degree in Public Health or any field will be an added advantage
- Experience working in GOVERNMENT or Donor funded programs
- Experience in RH / FP / MNCH /
- At least seven years of experience living and working in Nigeria, including supporting the implementation of state-level programs
- Familiarity with the National Health Strategic Plan / National Community Strategy
- Excellent verbal, written communications, and presentation skills
- Strong programming, management, and technical skills
- Has sensitivity and understanding of the beneficiary population
- Set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities
- Dynamic personality and a team player
- Computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Required Abilities / Skills:
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines, and intense pressure to perform
9th February 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using “Program Manager” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer