Centre for Family Health Initiative (CFHI) is a non-political, non-religious, not-for-profit organization committed to the promotion of health and protection of the well-being of families in Africa. Driven by a vision of Healthy Families; Healthy Societies, CFHI’s mission is to develop a safe and accommodating society for all, through community-driven and family-centered health interventions, socio-economic empowerment, research, and policy development.
- Job Position: Program Officer (Nutrition, Health, Care and Support)
- Job Location: Owerri, Imo
- Ensure 100% of HIV infected children on CFHI Care and treatment portfolio in target LGAs are enrolled in the 4GATES OVC program.
- Direct community volunteers /case managers towards overall technical quality – including adherence to technical standards, best practices, and donor guidelines for all HIV Prevention Care & Support activities of the project.
- In collaboration with community volunteers /case managers, implement evidence-based health and nutrition interventions to indigent households by responding to identified prioritized health, nutrition, and PSS needs.
- Work with community volunteers /case managers in using national guidelines wherever possible to provide vulnerable households with access to quality healthcare, nutrition, and PSS.
- Provide health and nutrition training and supervision to all relevant staff and CVs.
- Conduct IYCF training and collaborate with community volunteers /case managers to implement relevant activities
- Contribute to the documentation and dissemination of project efforts, achievements, lessons learned, and innovations within the 4GATES OVC Program
- Ensure timely preparation of high-quality training and meeting reports.
- Contributes to the development of monthly, quarterly, and annual work-plans Supervision and Mentoring
- Contributes to the development of daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
- Provide regular supportive supervision to the community volunteers /case managers to ensure the achievement of expected results.
- Represent the CSO in external technical meetings, conferences, and workshops related to HIV Prevention Care & Support
- Liaise and coordinate with other HIV Prevention Care & Support actors, including LG SACA, PHCs, PMTCT sites, TBAs and other NGOs, learning institutions, and civil society actors to promote synergy, share lessons learned, and avoid duplication.
- BSc in a relevant health degree and a minimum of 2-3 years technical experience with community-level HIV Prevention, Care & Support programs
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively with government and community volunteers /case managers as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training, and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
- Experience in supporting HIV Testing and Counselling programs in health facilities, mobile units, and community outreaches
- Good knowledge of the Government of Nigeria HIV Care and Treatment guidelines (Paediatric & Adult)
- Familiarity with the terrain
- Familiarity with OVC programming and principles.
Candidate must have:
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and make reasoned judgments in a timely fashion.
- Experience in dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a professional manner.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and to gender equity.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and adept at cross-functional collaboration.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask.
30th January 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email should be the Job Title and Applicant Full Name.