UNFPA is the United Nations sexual and reproductive health agency. Our mission is to deliver a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Job Position: Organization: Programme Coordinator
Closing Date: 2021-05-24
- The Programme Coordinator facilitates and coordinates the country programme delivery in the Kaduna state and performs the role of administrative, financial and technical/programmatic coordinator of Sub Office.
- S/he is part of a Country Office team led by the UNFPA Representative, which provides integrated programme and technical support within the systems strengthening approach fundamental to UNFPA’s overall strategy.
- The Programme Coordinator oversees the delivery of the Country Programme components to be implemented in the Kaduna State, and also plays a leadership role within the sub-office, supervising the programme team assigned to the sub-office and inspiring them to translate the country programme goals into specific solutions and results.
- S/he substantively contributes to the management of UNFPA activities in all areas of its mandate, and proactively provides UNFPA Representative with updates on programmes implementation and results in Kaduna State.
- Furthermore, s/he establishes and maintains collaborative relationships and promotes partnership, synergy and strategic alliances with counterparts in government, multilateral and bilateral agencies, civil society organizations as well as community-based organizations to facilitate successful delivery of the program.
How You Can Make a Difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Job Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced university degree in Public Health, Medicine, Sociology, Gender, International Development, or other related disciplines.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 7 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in program management and development relevant to Population and Development, Sexual and Reproductive Health, and Gender.
- Substantive knowledge and practical experience in population and development, sexual and reproductive health, and gender issues.
- Experience in program and/or technical assistance with the UN System.
- Excellent communication skills in speaking and writing English, fostering engaged partnerships at the highest level and maintaining political partnerships in the assigned region.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an integrated, diverse team and be comfortable in multiple, high varied settings with different work and learning styles.
- Ability to lead and manage teams to achieve results.
- Field experience in Sub-Sahara Africa would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online