The British Council is the United Kingdom’s international organisation for cultural relations. The British Council creates international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and builds trust between them worldwide. We call these cultural relations. We build trust and understanding for the UK to create a safer and more prosperous world. In terms of our reach and impact, we are the world’s leading cultural relations organisation. Cultural relations is a component of international relations which focuses on developing people-to-people links and complements government-to-people and government-to-government contact. We use English, Arts, and Education and Society – the best of the UK’s great cultural assets – to bring people together and to attract partners to working with the UK. The British Council has over 7,000 staff working in 191 offices in 110 countries and territories. The British Council in Nigeria The British Council was established in 1934 and has been in Nigeria since 1943.
- Job Position: Programme Manager (EU – ECOWAS Scholarship Programme)
- Job Location: Lagos, Sub Saharan Africa, Nigeria
- Pay band: 7
- Department: Education and Society
- Contract type: Locally Engaged
- Duration: Fixed Term Contract ending April 2022
- This role will work with Director Programmes, Director Higher Education, Skills and Enterprise and other members of the Higher Education, Skills and Enterprise team in Nigeria, scholarship support and delivery teams in other West Africa locations and HQ to manage the recruitment, selection, placement of candidates on the EU- ECOWAS (European Union Economic Community of West African States) Scholarships programme.
- The post holder will provide efficient management of the Scholarships programme at a cluster level, provide management support to country delivery teams across the 4 programme host locations and ensure effective planning and the delivery of key milestones as outlined in the programmes’ Description of Action (DOA).
- Fluent level of spoken and written English – level B2
- University degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of scholarship management/administration experience
- At least 5 years of programme management and delivery experience
- Proven experience organising and managing events in West Africa
- Demonstrated experience managing relationships with external clients, partners and stakeholders
- Experience delivering large scale contracts for donors/clients such as the European Union
Role Specific Skills:
- Working knowledge of the Higher Education sector, structure, systems and discourse
- An understanding of Higher Education sector priorities across SSA.
- Working knowledge and understanding of local and international scholarships models and delivery processes.
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Nigeria.
- The successful candidate will be based in their current location.
Naira 13,410,959 per annum (Nigeria).
7th February 2021
How to Apply