The British Council is the United Kingdom’s international organization for cultural relations. The British Council creates international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and builds trust between them worldwide. We call these cultural relations. We build trust and understanding for the UK to create a safer and more prosperous world. In terms of our reach and impact, we are the world’s leading cultural relations organization.
- Job Position: Programme Officer (EU-ACT)
- Job Location: Abuja, Sub Saharan Africa, NG
- Pay band: 6
- Department: Business Delivery
- Duration: Fixed term contract ending December 2022
- The Programme Officer (EU-Agents for Citizen Driven Transformation) will be responsible for managing the administrative and logistical support to programme activities to ensure quality and timeliness of delivery; good control of resources and compliance with agreed programme management systems and processes; ensuring full and complete budgets are prepared and met for all activities with variance reports prepared as and when required; in coordination with other Programme Officers, take responsibility and utilize M&E tools for measuring results during the programme activity implementation.
- The postholder will take responsibility for managing specific component activities and ensuring coordination with other team members.
- The role may involve travels and project field visits to support EU-ACT (Agents for Citizen-driven Transformation) Programme CSO partners to collect communication materials and provide technical support with regards to capturing lessons and effective documentation of same.
- Graduate-level education
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with an FCR (Justice, Security and Conflict) project
- Demonstrable experience of working as part of a successful team/function
- Proven experience of scheduling and supporting meetings with internal stakeholders/ external partners
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience of operating in a complex, multi-cultural context
N8,106,740 per annum.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Nigeria.
- A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.