The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities.
We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best in the UK with the world and the best in the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
- Job Position: Programme Officer
- Job Location: Damataru, Yobe, Sub Saharan Africa, Nigeria
- Pay Band: 6
- Department: Business Delivery
- Contract Type: Locally engaged
- Duration: Fixed term contract ending July 2022
- The Programme Officer will be responsible for managing the technical delivery and administration of programme outputs.
- The role holder will ensure quality and timeliness of delivery; good control of resources and compliance with agreed programme management systems and processes; ensuring work plans, budgets and forecasts are prepared and implemented.
- The Officer will also facilitate the collection and collation of data for the Monitoring and Evaluation of results and lessons of the programme.
- Graduate-level education
- Minimum of 3 years experience with an international organization
- Experience of working as part of a successful team/function
- Experience of working in challenging environments, preferably in North-East Nigeria
- Project management qualification aligned to P&P professional standards (APM)
- Experience of work in an FCR (Full Cost Recovery) project
- Experience of operating in a complex, multi-cultural context
- Ability to speak a local dialect (e.g. Hausa)
- All candidates must have the current right to live and work in Nigeria.
- A connected and trusted the UK in a more connected and trusted world.
N8,106,740 per annum.
21st March 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online