TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
Job Position: Project Administrator – IGNITE / DQAQC
Job Location: Lagos
- Reporting to the Senior Program Manager and a dotted line reporting to the Finance and Operations Manager, TechnoServe Nigeria, the Project Administrator is a dynamic and agile position that will play a key role in enabling the implementation of project activities in an efficient and compliant manner while ensuring the effective use of resources for maximum impact.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Project Driver
Program / Practice / Department Overview
- The Inspiring Good Nutrition Initiatives Through Enterprise (IGNITE) will build on the foundations of the Technical Assistance Accelerator Prelude (TAAP) program to achieve increased motivation and fortification capability of millers leading to increased proportion of fortified staple foods and conversion of a critical mass of millers to improved FF practices across at least eight countries.
- IGNITE will facilitate the activation and expansion of a catalytic collective impact initiative – the Millers 4 Nutrition (M4N) coalition – to globally coordinate and locally implement an ultimately sustainable model for delivery of technical assistance (TA) and other services to millers.
- These TA services, and associated engagement platforms, will establish business cases and motivate and develop capabilities of food processors to improve their performance in the fortification of selected staple foods and condiments, and thereby to achieve large-scale and relevant (contributing to the diets of large proportions of populations in countries where staple FF has been identified as part of national nutrition strategies) coverage on a sustained basis. The IGNITE program will be implemented in eight priority countries namely Bangladesh, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Nigeria, Pakistan and Tanzania with Nigeria, Kenya, and India serving as the operational hubs.
- Administration, logistics, and office management
- Perform procurement functions, ensuring procurement of goods and services in compliance with TechnoServe and FCDO policies and regulations and providing guidance to the project team on matters relating to procurement.
- Organizes end-to-end the logistics requirement of the project team, ensuring sound logistical arrangements are in place to support project implementation, including fleet and other resource management
- Coordinate project events and meetings, ensuring events such as training, workshops, conferences, and meetings are properly coordinated, resourced, and executed
- Ensure adherence of project activities and staff to the country safety and security plans
- Perform administrative tasks to ensure TechnoServe adheres to local legal and statutory requirements
- Assume responsibility for document filing and develops office administrative procedures as required
- Coordinate meetings with the project team, consultants, and country office staff
- Ensure all documents are filed and maintained for auditing purposes
- Prepare accounts payable documents (e.g. invoices, payment requests) for approval
- Arrange meeting rooms, draft and disseminates meeting agendas, prepare briefing notes, and where necessary take meeting minutes which may include preparing and disseminating materials as instructed
- Perform any other related duties that may evolve from time to time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Economics, or other related field.
- Alternatively, 2 years of professional experience in responsibilities related to procurement, logistics, and general office administration.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and basic functional knowledge of field accounting software packages.
- Experience with donor-funded projects
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Experience coordinating junior-level service-oriented staff and developing strong working relationships.
- Required Languages: Proficiency in writing and spoken English
- Travel: Minimal.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong sense of collegiality, integrity, resourcefulness, and accountability for results
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- An ability to think critically and elevate risks to management
- A creative and entrepreneurial approach to resolving problems.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online