UAC Restaurants (UACR) pioneered QSR in Nigeria with the launch of Mr Bigg’s in 1986. Mr Biggs quickly became a household name and was particularly loved for its meals, delectable pastries, and confectionaries. In 2013, with the formation of a joint venture between UAC of Nigeria PLC (“UAC”) and Famous Brands Management Company (PTY) Limited (South Africa) (“Famous Brands”), UACR added another popular brand to its portfolio. “Debonairs Pizza”.
Job Position: Project and Development Manager
Job Location: Lagos
- Manage the design /development of new Restaurants within and outside the Country in accordance with the brand specifications and renovation of existing ones in line with company approved specifications
- Regularly review equipment list by working closely with vendors/suppliers to procure updated and efficient equipment for restaurants
- Participate actively in the acquisition of sites for the citing of restaurants in line with the company`s strategy.
- Identify prospective franchisee and initiate the process of admitting new franchisee.
- Ensure cost-effectiveness in construction and refurbishment of new and existing Restaurants
- Ensure that the construction works in each restaurants are carried out to the respective brands standards and specifications
- Work with other team members to ensuring that sufficient site bank is made available for future expansion programme
- Sourcing for the most economic and efficient equipment for restaurants
- Build and manage relationships with service providers to ensure reliability of services at post contract stages
- Develop regional consulting team to supervise and monitor new construction and revamp work
- Populate existing vendors data base to support construction, revamp and repair of major equipment
- Manage/support the franchise portfolio valuation process
- Liaise with government functionaries both state and local government to ensure compliance mostly in the areas of obtaining various regulated premises such as;
- Trade Permit
- Food Regulated Premises
- Car Park Permit
- Radio and Television License
- LASAA Permit (Wall Sign and Wall Drape)
- Manage the development and execution of franchise sales strategy.
- Verify and evaluate new franchise application to ensure necessary application is completed.
- HND or B.Sc Degree in a relevant discipline
- MBA an added advantage
- 8 – 10 years post-graduation experience in Management
- Corporate Membership of Nigerian Society of Engineers and COREN, PMI/PMP Certification
- Ability to relate with people of diverse background
- A talented, self-motivated team player and creative person
- Must be result oriented with high level of self-confidence and assertiveness.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Development and Project Manager” as the subject of the email.