At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
Come be part of the Projects Department of Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited with more than 50 years of presence in Nigeria and a workforce of over 1000 employees. Our offices are in Lagos, Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Abuja, FCT.
Job Position: Project Controls Engineer
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The PCE specializes in Cost Engineering and Project Controls. To enable successful competitive outcomes, the PCE is fully integrated within the project teams, working closely with project development and execution resources to deliver industry leading projects. While schedule & cost performance is owned by the project manager; the PCE utilizes discipline knowledge and toolkit to provide key insights to project team and the business through analysis and clear communication and supports the completion of the project per the POS
- Provide cost estimate input into POS, Right Scope, Gate / funding reviews, execution planning strategies and overall project implementation.
- Lead screening, stage 2, stage 3 cost estimate development with project / business team input
- Drive implementation of benchmarking feedback into project basis
- Coordinate/facilitate stage 3 scope / cost tracking and timely development of estimate recast to control budget for assigned projects.
- Steward appropriated cost from early stages through execution and startup including Owner’s Cost for assigned project.
- Provide monthly status/ progress reports and/or forecast updates for assigned projects in coordination with project team input.
- Track spend and progress, analyse Opportunities & Vulnerabilities areas; recommend corrective actions to project team.
- Provide cost inputs into contract strategy development, contract administration and implementation.
- Provide input to the accounting team for accrual booking consistent with Work In Place and reversal of accrual for booked invoices
- Invoice Attestation to ensure payment is consistent with value received.
- Lead end project benchmarking activities / feedback and support reappraisals and actual project cost data feedback.
- Develop and update cost estimating guidelines.
- Support JV partner and PSC interfaces – budget/work program preparation, cash calls, performance reviews, etc.
- Support compliance with business controls policies including support for Project Closeout process (as applicable) Identify, drive, and promote capital efficiency, innovations, and initiatives
- Project Controls
- Cost Engineering
- Data Foundation/Analytics
- Site Safety
- Contracting/Sub Contracting
- Execution Planning
- Communicates Effectively
- Courage of Conviction
- Makes Sound Decisions
- Creates Business Value
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
Preferred Requirements / Experience:
- Thorough and extensive knowledge of:
- Project controls principles, theories, and concepts
- ExxonMobil practices, processes, and expectations with respect to project controls
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience spanning project management/execution and production/facilities engineering.
- Willing to relocate to required project site
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online