Sun Metal Industries was incorporated and registered in March 2008 to engage in the manufacture of ferrous metals for the domestic construction market in Nigeria and non-ferrous metal products like Aluminum, Copper, and Lead for export.
Sun Metal Industries has grown to become the leading exporter in West Africa to countries such as Japan and Germany where global leaders in automobile manufacturing utilize our aluminum alloys. Sun Metal Industries received the prestigious NIS (Standards Organization of Nigeria) Award and obtained ISO 9001:2000 certification from SANAS.
- Job Position: Project Engineer
- Job Location: Sango Ota, Ogun,
- Reporting Line: GM
- Direct reports: Craftsmen, Operatives, etc.
- The Project engineer offers advice in the planning, co-ordination, and supervision of technical aspects of construction projects.
- The Project Engineer will establish the level and survey control for contracts and set out detailed works as per the contract drawings, ensuring that checks are made on a regular basis.
- Managing parts of construction projects.
- Acting as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, crafts people, and operatives.
- Setting out, leveling, and surveying the site.
- Checking plans, drawings, and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
- Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications.
- Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plants.
- Agreeing on a price for materials and making cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project.
- Managing, monitoring, and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect.
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors, and the general workforce involved in the project.
- Liaising with quantity surveyors about the ordering and negotiating the price of materials.
- Ensuring that health and safety and sustainability policies and legislation are strictly adhered to on-site.
- Liaising with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws
- Communicating with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers, and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress.
- Day-to-day management of the project, including supervising and monitoring the site labor force and the work of any subcontractors.
- Planning the work and efficiently organizing the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed on deadlines.
- Preparing site reports and filling in other paperwork.
- Preparing reports as required;
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Any other function as may be assigned by the GMC and/or GMD
- First bachelor’s degree / HND in Civil Engineering, Building, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience as a Site Engineer.
- Professional certification in engineering (COREN, NSE, NICE, NISE, ICE-UK, etc.)
Minimum Competency and Skills Requirements
- Proven experience as a Project Engineer
- Experience in using AutoCAD and MS Office
- Temporary-works co-ordination
- Attention to details
- First aid training
- An analytical mind with problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Being adaptable and self-driven
- Problem Solving / Analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem-solving, team building, planning, and decision making
8th February 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.