Sunhive Limited is a solar energy development and engineering company that focuses on providing solar solutions for productive ends. Our main focus is on the development and engineering of commercial solar photovoltaic power generation solutions.
Job Position: Project Engineer
Job Location: Lagos
- Sunhive seeks to employ a Project Engineer who understands electrical engineering principles and the technicalities of solar installation.
- The Project engineer will operate at a supervisory level acting as a nerve centre and coordinating with various internal and external teams.
- This person is also responsible for transforming good electrical design on paper into hassle-free solar installations delivered in a timely fashion.
- Develop and manage project plans and schedules.
- Track project progress and identify potential risks.
- Management of end-to-end execution of solar projects.
- Provide technical direction or support to installation teams during installation, start-up, testing, system commissioning, or performance monitoring.
- Perform computer simulation of solar photovoltaic (PV) generation system performance to optimise efficiency.
- Have a good knowledge of conducting all essential tests required for solar system commissioning and delivering high-performance ratios.
- Maintaining proposal templates and databases of (Materials and equipment costs) to enable rapid proposals and quotations.
- Create checklists for review or inspection of completed solar installation projects.
- Demonstrate strong soft skills in dealing with sub-contractors as regards project matters.
- Writing, reviewing and approving site reports and project proposals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- COREN registered engineer
- PMP certification.
- 3 – 4 years relevant work experience.
- Evidence of strong project management skills (including use of Smartsheet)
- Engineering software skills (Homer, PVSyst, SketchUp, Autocad, Sunnydesign)
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
How to Apply
We want to ensure that all applicants have a fair and equal chance, so we’re using a TestGorilla assessment. This minimizes unconscious bias in our hiring process. Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to complete the application assessment
- Kindly use the link above to take a 1-hour application assessment to demonstrate the skills required for this role.
- Ensure you have a stable internet connection before proceeding with the assessment.
- You will be asked to upload your Resume when you’re done with the application assessment.
- Multiple applications are not allowed.
- Only candidates who took the application assessment will be contacted.
- Successful candidates will be invited to a job interview.