Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Job Position: Project Manager – BMGF Africa HCD
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Background of the Project
- Africa (HCD+) is a platform funded by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) and will have the capability to serve as an African voice for advocacy, accountability and transparency on HCD.
- It will seek to accelerate political commitments, decision-making and funding for key priorities towards realising SDGs #1-6 in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- It aims to incubate regional advocacy and technical assistance hub on Human Capital Development towards increasing African Government’s commitment, funding, and accountability to HCD.
- The platform, through increased HCD advocacy, focuses on three pillars:
- Health and Nutrition;
- Education, skills and labour participation;
- Entrepreneurship, financial inclusion, and digital economy.
- Also, HCD sits across multiple Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) in many African governments. Hence, no organisation holds an integrated vision for HCD.
- An HCD-focused institution can further help the HCD agenda on the continent. It will focus on four missions:
- Create transparency on the HCD performance across the continent;
- Advocate with heads of state and decision-makers to make HCD a priority;
- Ensure effective coordination and collaboration with stakeholders and decision-makers;
- Selectively drive the implementation of flagship programs in education, health and economic inclusion.
- The programme has since commenced its activities in Abuja.
Summary of the Role
- The Program Manager will report to the Executive Director.
- S/he provides administrative, financial, contractual, and management oversight for a portfolio of projects.
- S/he will work directly with project and technical leads to ensure projects achieve quality programming and development outcomes.
- Accountable for managing project financial and contractual performance targets and leading monthly project financial reviews, technical deliverables, and troubleshooting any issues.
- Works with designated Technical Lead to ensure that technical activities and deliverables are high quality and implemented per the contract scope of work and approved work plan.
- Proactively identifies and analyzes risk areas and advises the relevant stakeholders on preventative measures.
- Served as the primary point of contact for operational and financial matters related to project implementation.
- Manages resource needs for performance and encourages collaboration within the broader organization.
- Responsible for project outcomes by providing the necessary support for target teams to succeed.
- Participates and provides support to project field teams during strategic planning sessions.
- Develop proposal and terms of reference as the need arises
- Manage budget realignments, contract modifications, and subcontract modifications.
- Participates in research, pre-positioning and/or proposal management for opportunities.
- Managing project budgets and advising on options to keep the budget on track
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, master budget etc.
- Produce reports to suit relevant stages of the projects.
- Interested candidates should have a minimum of the First Degree in any Social Science discipline especially in Economics, Data Science, Statistics and Business.
- 8- 10 years of progressive work experience in program management capacity.
- A Master’s Degree or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience leading and producing competitive proposals
- Demonstrable experience in the management of program complete life cycle
- Excellent project planning, management, and monitoring & evaluation skills
- Demonstrable business acumen and global agility, including an in-depth understanding of financial and budget planning.
- An excellent communicator with brilliant leadership, negotiation, and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and IT skills, including strong reporting/presentation skills and familiarity with a wide range of IT applications
- Outstanding interpersonal, highly motivated and driven with a passion for delivering to the client
- Build the capacity of the place teams to deliver on programme deliverables, reporting, and financial management.
- Experience of closely working with government departments at local and state levels is highly desirable
- Fluency in English and French language is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online