NewCo is a fully integrated aviation consulting/specialist firm governed by international codes of consulting ethics and best practices. The company is strategically positioned at the forefront in the mission of driving growth, strategies, and developments in the aviation and aerospace segment in Nigeria and Africa. Being a foremost African aviation specialist firm with global business coverage and a leading industry player with a unique blend of capabilities, we aim to maintain a strong delivery spirit across our entire service segments, which will enable us to continually deliver unparalleled services to our clients.
- Job Position: Project Manager / Site Supervisor – Architecture, Engineering, and Interior Design Project Specialist (Male / Female)
- Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Duration: Between 2 and half to 3 months
- Job category: Interior, Architecture, and Engineering Project
- We are looking for a part-time Project Manager /Site Supervisor with vast experience in interior design, architecture, and engineering projects for an office space face-lift at our office located within the Murtala Mohammed International Airport Ikeja, Lagos environs.
- Evaluate the project work-plan and liaise with the project contractor(s) and sub-contractor(s) on the best approach towards delivering on the project up to standard and within the shortest time possible
- Supervise and ensure successful execution of the office workspace interior face-lift project and ensure a successful handover by the main contractor/vendor at project completion.
- You are responsible for the overall planning, coordination, and implementation of project deliverables.
- You are the link between the project sponsor and the vendors, and will be duly responsible and accountable for ensuring adequate internal coordination of activities between vendors throughout the entire project lifespan, while providing daily/weekly reporting of milestones.
- Organize the daily assembly and work break-down after consultation with the vendors(Both the main Contractor and the Sub-contractors).
- The role is to effectively and efficiently function as an independent PM/SS, and act in the best interest of the project sponsor, while ensuring that vendors meet timelines and complete the project as planned or within the quickest time possible.
- Conduct prior inspections of all pre-approved supplies by the project sponsor, and ensure such supplies are correctly fulfilled by vendors, delivered in good conditions, meet product specification, and to the satisfaction of the project sponsor; inspect supplies on delivery to ensure they are delivered in good conditions and as invoiced, sign waybills and wok orders.
- You are responsible for monitoring and enforcing compliance with occupational health & safety standards, and design operating guidelines for accident prevention, as well as quality management.
- Act on and execute instructions issued by the project sponsor, particularly, as they relate to the project
- Ensure materials meet quoted specifications
- Responsible for the overall quality control checks
- Demonstrate unbiased sense of judgement and high sense of integrity in carrying out his/her objectives
- Any other objectives that may be incidental to the objectives outlined herein, and those that may be prescribed from time to time by the project sponsor.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience as an interior design project professional, or in architecture, or in civil engineering, with a proven track record in similar responsibilities (Preferably in the field of interior design).
- Must possess strong organizational and analytical skills as well as communication skills and experience in leading a project team.
- Project Management Certification, Safety Certification, or any other relevant certifications may be considered as an added advantage
- Fluent in written and spoken English, and
- Good leadership skills
23rd April, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Please send us your detailed professional profile information/project portfolio profile showing previous project(s) undertaken or most recent assignment(s) completed in similar role.