Nextier is a multi-competency public service advisory firm and think tank with experience bringing diverse actors together to address governance problems in complex environments. Nextier has core competencies in policy research, strategy, finance, monitoring and evaluation, and strategic communication. Nextier consultants bring deep knowledge of their industries, deliver rigorous analysis, and present pragmatic solutions to produce practical, sustainable, and high impact results.
Job Position: IRP Project Manager
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Nigeria’s Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC) commitments and the post-COP26 Energy Transition Plan (ETP) call for ambitious measures for increasing renewables in both absolute terms and as a proportion of the country’s energy mix.
- Integrated Resource Planning (IRP) is a supply and demand-side planning approach which identifies the mix of resources for meeting long-term electricity needs at minimum cost and risk.
- The goal of an IRP for Nigeria is to provide a plan for growth in electricity supply in Nigeria in alignment with the NDC and ETP. This work Order is named “Technical Assistance to Develop an IRP for the Power Sector”.
- Your role as part of the overall Power team will be to facilitate the realization of the IRP in line with the scope defined in the realization phase of the IRP development.
- As the PM, you are accountable for the quality and timeliness of the delivery by consultants in project team.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Provide expert Electricity Supply Industry knowledge on generation and transmission planning gained from other work of a similar nature in Nigeria and other countries.
- Contribute to Demand Load forecasting to assesses what the electricity demand is likely to be over the period covered by the IRP.
- Contribute to Resource assessment focusing on identifying existing resources and options and specifying what role they could play in the satisfying the customer demand consistent with NDCs and ETP.
- Provide leadership to the project team, lead regular progress and review meetings, and report staus and risks to the Power Component Lead.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Support to IRP Stage 1: Demand load forecasting
- Support to IRP Stage 2: Resource assessment
- Support to IRP Stage 3: Phase 1 of Generation and Transmission planning.
The successful profile will include much of the below:
- Master’s Degree, with demonstrated interest and experience in power systems engineering or mechanical or electrical engineering; along with forecasting, economic analysis, and asset management experience
- Minimum of 12 years of project management/implementation and resource planning experience in the power sector specifically.
- Strong understanding of the economics underlying electric power generation and a working knowledge of related technical issues
- Previous experience in Integrated Resource Planning or a strong background in power sector modeling, resource cost-benefit analysis, or related complex system modeling
- Some experience working within the Power Sector in Nigeria is preferred
- Thought leader within the Power sector who can articulate technical concepts and information to technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven global experience in electricity transmissions and generation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to manage relations with development partners, to work under pressure and handle politically sensitive issues.
- High level of energy, initiative, and flexibility in quickly adjusting to changing work program requirements.
- Demonstrated ability in leading teams with diverse expertise to deliver expected results.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple changing and competing priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
20th March, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “IRP Project Manager” as the subject of the email.
Note: Kindly follow all application instructions above; CV received without the appropriate subject title will be disqualified. ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.