Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
- Job Position: Psychologist
- Job Location: Bade, Yobe
- Department: Programmes – Health and Nutrition
- Experience level: Experienced
- Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
- ACF is looking for a Psychologist who will identify and implement relevant and innovative quality MHCP interventions, respecting ACF strategy, international standards and national policies.
- Analysis of the humanitarian situation in MHCP and of the context of intervention in a continuous, systematic and satisfactory way in its area of intervention
- Participating in definition of the strategy over its area of intervention and the sectoral strategy at the national level
- Implementation of projects consistent with the ACF charter, the ACFIN 2015 strategic framework, the Policies (MHCP and other ACF sectors), positioning documents, the national strategy and other legal texts of the technical ministry/ministries in charge of the sector, the key international documents of the sector (SPHERE, IASC and WHO Standards, etc..)
- Participating if necessary in drawing up the MHCP part of the Preparation and Emergency Response Plan (PPRU) over his/her area of intervention
- Promoting transversal integration of the MHCP sector with the other sectors in collaboration with the Field Coordinator
- Management of transversal problems in the MHCP responses (HIV, Gender, Disaster risk management, Environment, Disability, etc…)
- Implementation of the MHCP programme(s), consistent with the logical framework of the intervention, the budget, the ACF logistical and administrative procedures.
- Monitoring of his/her programmes, by means of internal APR monitoring tools, his/her regular presence in the field, an updated chronogram, monthly analysis of budgetary monitoring
- Writing within the deadlines of the MHCP parties of external and internal reports to be submitting in connection with the projects
- Identification and implementation of the safety measures for the teams and the populations (distribution site, community work sites…)
- To contribute to the Quality and Accountability processes and assessment of the impact of his/her programme
- To participate in coordination and representation and with the ACF partnerships in its area of intervention
- Ensure data confidentiality, ownership of project beneficiaries and ACF
- Guarantee the confidentiality of clinical interviews / individual or group counselling with the psychologists in charge
- To contribute to capitalization and technical development within his/her sector
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology/ Psychological Counselling and Post Graduate Degree in Psychology or Public Health or related course is an added advantage with minimum of 3 years experience
- Experience in detection and management of mental health conditions in healthcare settings
- Good Knowledge in DSM 5 Manual & MH GAP Guidelines
- Experience in MHPSS training
- Experience in working with NGOs & INGOs.
- Capacity to organize & conduct workshops & trainings.
- Good supervision & reporting skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English language. Hausa language will be added advantage
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
Minimum Basic Salary
N339,448 per month.
25th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.