Kuda is a full service, app-based digital bank. Our mission is to be the go-to bank not just for those living on the African continent, but also for the African diaspora wherever they might live, anywhere in the world. Kuda is free of ridiculous banking charges and great at helping customers budget, spend smartly and save more. We raised the largest seed round ever seen in Africa, and completed a Series A funding round in February 2021, led by some of the world’s smartest venture capital investors. With offices in London (our HQ), Lagos and Cape Town, and further offices opening across Africa during 2021, Kuda is fast becoming recognised as the leading ‘Neobank’ for Africans.
To help us grow into the company that can bring meaningful change to the way people across Africa get access to great financial products and services in order to take control of their personal finances, we are actively looking for bright, talented, driven people who are excited by our mission. If this sounds like a great way to spend your valuable time, then please get in touch with us.
Job Position: Public Relations (PR) Specialist
Job Location: Lagos
- We’re looking for a PR Specialist with proven experience developing PR strategies, building relationships with the press, curating PR events, and managing the image of a known tech, fashion or finance brand.
- You’d be a great fit for this role if you’re personable, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and you’re passionate about building an outstanding brand image.
- Develop PR strategies to promote Kuda’s mission
- Draft press releases, pitches, case studies, white papers and media summaries
- Build and maintain relationships with media contacts with a focus on Nigeria
- Manage Kuda’s LinkedIn account with the Community Manager
- Plan and manage special events including press conferences and photo ops
- Manage media requests in a timely and professional manner
- Pitch story ideas and content about Kuda to the press
- Make sure that all communication is cohesive with Kuda’s brand image
- Track and analyse media coverage to guide future campaigns
- Monitor, measure and report the impacts of PR efforts
- Contribute to survey campaigns and analyse public opinion about Kuda
- Organise, schedule, and prepare Kuda leaders for press interviews and events.
- At least three (3) years of experience in public relations or corporate communications, specifically managing the image of a known tech, fashion or finance brand particularly in Nigeria.
- Proof that you have developed, implemented, and executed successful public relations campaigns
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and experience communicating effectively with internal audiences, external audiences and the press.
- Excellent people and presentation skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Some experience curating and hosting media events would be a serious advantage
- Interest in working collaboratively from an office at least two days a week.
Why join Kuda?
At Kuda, our people are the heart of our business, so we prioritize your welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including but not limited to:
- Competitive annual leave plus bank holidays
- Group life insurance
- Health insurance
- L&D training
- We are advocates of work-life balance and offer a 3 day per week remote working option.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Kuda are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Kuda is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent.
- We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.