QMB Hypermart, a leading Retail and Lifestyle company in the FMCG Industry, is recruiting a suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Position: Purchasing Officer
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos
- Development of company policies and procedures for initiating, negotiating, approval, and termination of supply contracts with merchandising suppliers;
- Development and maintenance of relationships with suppliers of all merchandising items to the company;
- Negotiations of key terms such as prices, terms of take-on of merchandising items, payment terms, etc. with each supplier to ensure the company’s profitability and liquidity;
- Proactively discuss with suppliers to ensure that our relationship with them remains mutually beneficial, thereby promoting mutually profitable and lasting relationships;
- Effective supervision of subordinate team members;
- Periodic review and update of the company buying policies and procedures;
- Purchase of goods from the vendors in the category (Supermarket).
- Raising the local purchase order (LPO).
- Following up with vendors for supplies.
- Studying consumer buying patterns and predicting future trends;
- Evaluate suppliers and buy items.
- Analyze and compare proposals from several trusted suppliers before negotiating terms.
- Assist in researching new vendors and comparing competitive suppliers.
- Works closely with the sales team to determine optimal pricing through analysis of sales trends, competitors, buying habits, and planograms of products to promote sales opportunities.
- Handle all customer and supplier inquiries regarding orders, status, changes, and invoice payments.
- Create purchase orders and send them to chosen vendors for prompt delivery
- Following up with suppliers for confirmation of orders and ensuring deliveries are prompt.
- Meeting suppliers and negotiating terms of the contract;
- Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers for future products.
- University Degree (Supply Chain, Procurement, Business Administration, or similar).
- Experience working as aBuyer is an added advantage
- MBA or MSc is an added advantage.
- At least 4 years + of experience working for an industry related to the category, or in procurement.
- At least 3 years of experience in SAP, and other ERP systems with a focus on Purchasing.
- Knowledge in the category or procurement (CIPS preferred or other certification)
- Prior Supermarket procurement experience will be an added advantage.
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent communicator – demonstrating a high level of competence with
- Written reports
- Listening & Negotiation skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Project management skills.
- Market Intelligence.
24th March, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (highlighting their Education, Experience, and Skills / Competence required for the role) and a Covering Letter explaining why they are suitable, to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Purchasing Officer” as the subject of the email.