BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability, and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
- Job Position: QHSE Manager
- Job Location: Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria
- QHSE practitioner reports to the plant manager.
- He/She assists the plant manager with the QHSE risk assessment and the definition of the plant HSE & quality policies.
- He/She assists other departments to take into account HSE aspects in their daily activities.
- He/she oversees the implementation and the management, at plant level, of HSE programs designed to maintain a safe and clean work environment, strict regulatory compliance, ISO 14001 certification, and compliance with Corporate sustainability initiatives.
- Maintain plant-level QHSE regulatory compliance by monitoring the requirements of all interested parties (government, governmental agencies, insurance, Group …) and by assisting with the development and management of regulatory compliance programs for air, water, waste, hazardous substances, and employee safety
- Organize the job hazard evaluations and industrial hygiene surveys to assess employee health and safety risks and develop and implement appropriate improvement plans
- Perform the environmental analysis to assess environmental significant impacts and develop and implement appropriate improvement plans
- Maintain the HSE Management System, including ISO 14001 requirements
- Assist with the development and implementation of waste/energy use minimization opportunities in conjunction with manufacturing
- Define and implement a yearly HSE communication plan
- Deliver QHSE training to employees
- Actively participate in emergency planning and response, including an incident investigation to ensure thorough root-cause analysis and comprehensive corrective action
- Perform regular audits and inspections in the workshops
- Collect, analyze and track performance KPI’s for continuous improvement and Corporate reporting
- Actively participate in the HSE network of the Category (annual meeting, bench-marking, expertise sharing)
Key Performance Indicators/Key Figures
- Corporate KPI’s for Environment and Health & Safety
- Plant-level KPI’s for safety performance, risks, incidents, training, employee feedback
- Regulatory requirements and deadlines
- B.S. degree in HSE. Other relevant degrees are acceptable depending on candidate qualifications.
- Expert knowledge of environmental and safety regulations
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Proactive, self-motivated, hands-on style
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to work with all levels within the organization
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office
- English: CEFR level B2 required
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online