Alpha Mead Group is a Total Real Estate Solutions Company established to provide robust business support services to local and international Real Estate investors or owners with interests in Facilities Management, Real Estate Development and Advisory, Security Systems and Technologies, Training, Healthcare Management and Real Estate Financing Services.
- This position provides QHSE guidance to the organization and supports the operation process in order to maintain and continually improve the safety culture and performance, in line with the organization’s needs to comply with business objectives in the short, medium and long terms and in accordance with the terms of our various contracts and the Integrated Management System.
- Performs reporting, risk assessments and auditing and observes all QHSE related activities and policies within a location
- The Safety Officer is responsible for monitoring and assessing hazardous and unsafe situations and developing measures to assure personnel safety.
- Correct unsafe acts or conditions through the regular line of authority.
- Participate in planning meetings to identify any health and safety concerns inherent in the operations daily work-plan.
- Review the Incident Action Plan for safety implications.
- Investigate accidents that have occurred within incident areas.
- Ensure preparation and implementation of Site Safety and Health Plan (SSHP).
- Inspects the site to ensure it is a hazard-free environment.
- Trains and carries out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations.
- Conducts job hazard analysis.
- Watches out for the safety of all workers and works to protect them from entering hazardous situations.
- Responds to employees’ safety concerns.
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs.
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures.
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management.
- Carry out PTW Monitoring and review.
- B.Sc. / HND Degree in a healthcare-related course
- 3-5 years experience part of which must have been in a healthcare environment
- Relevant HSE certification (NISP, NEBOSH, etc.)
- QMS training certificate or experience
- Ability to work with little or no supervision