BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team.
Job Position: Quality Control Officer
Job Location: Sagamu, Ogun
Raw & Packaging material Quality Assurance:
- Sample and test packaging and raw materials from suppliers for conformity to set specifications.
- Approve or reject supplied inputs based on their quality status.
- Monitor Shavers Assembly unit.
- Ensure proper storage to avert contamination.
- Reinforce FIFO during issuance and use
Component Moulding Quality Assurance:
- To ensure line clearance is done to avoid mixing of different materials /master batches /pigments.
- For each production line, prepare a line reference standard of the specified component and submit for review and authentication by the QA Manager.
- Carry out quality checks on all defined parameters for barrels, supports, tubes, buttons, caps, stems to ensure the components manufactured conforms to set specifications.
Ink filling Quality Assurance:
- Ensure line changeovers checks are done before ink fill line starts.
- Take extra measures to avoid change over ink cross contamination
- Evaluate at set time intervals, the defined ink fill attributes (test writing, ink content, writing quality, swedging, Free ink level etc.).
- Identify defects that may impact on the functional attributes of the ink fill (compromise writing /requirements set by LSNL/BIC)
- Capture rejects, scrap data, trend and initiate timely corrective actions
Customer/ consumer complaints and Trade Returns:
- Evaluate and prepare test reports specifying quality status of any complaint and the action to be taken
- Record complaints data, trend and initiate timely corrective actions
LSNL/BIC Assembly operations (Ball point pens and Shavers):
- Ensure line clearance is done to avoid mixing of different customer orders and relevant check sheet are prepared and signed
- Check and verify that the components and packaging materials issued for product assembly conform to set quality requirements and either approve for use or reject the defective components
- Prepare reports for all test samples collected online
- Carefully examine pen points/shavers, identify for defects that can affect writing and shaving performance
- Prepare a line reference standard for each production line and submit for review and authentication by the QA Manager
- Check the wooden hammers used for manual assembly have good quality rubber on both sides to avoid damaging the point.
- Perform hanging hole test at interval and report accordingly.
- Verify all screen print coupons before start of production. Review screen printed pens against approved sample
- Record rejects, scrap data, trend and initiate timely corrective actions
- Ensure all non-conforming materials are well segregated and properly disposed of
- Ensure that the correct quantities are packed at the weighing area and the correct batches and customer names are well coded as planned
- Bar coding controls –control of issuance to ensure specificity to product, conduct scan testing
Calibration – Weights & Measures:
- Carry out daily weighing scale checks(calibration)
- Identify & Isolate any faulty equipment’s
- Document calibration results and submit for review
- Set and check of measurement gauges for accurate dimension achievement.
- To keep QA laboratory, tidy always
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online