Nutri K Limited is a subsidiary of Nutriset Group which was established to provide technical support in the specialized manufacturing, commercialization, and distribution process of ready-to-use food for the treatment and prevention of malnutrition in Nigeria. With a population of nearly 180 million people, Nigeria is the biggest economy in Africa.
However, every year, over 500.000 children under the age of five years old die from malnutrition. About 1.7million of Nigerian children suffer from severe acute malnutrition, and close to a third of the 10 million under 5 age children suffer from chronic malnutrition; NUTRIK LTD is dedicated to the fight against malnutrition in Nigeria. The company specialized in manufacturing nutritional food used for the care of children affected by malnutrition. NUTRIK supplies humanitarian and health programmes with high-quality ready-to-use-therapeutic and supplementary food (RUTF, RUSF), as well as lipid-based nutrient supplements (LNS).
- Job Position: Quality Controller
- Job Location: Kano
- Contract Duration: 3 Months (with the possibility of extention)
- Nutri K is now looking for Quality Controller for its Quality department to carry out its activities in Kano.
- The Quality Controller is responsible for the quality, food safety and esthetics of the product. The Quality Controller follows through on set processes and ensures adherence to good manufacturing practices (GMP), food safety, Quality Food standards, and product quality standards. He/She has to develop and organize special activities, and they plan to meet and maintain quality standards of manufactured products. To sample and check product and processes, document the product assessment results, and provide intelligent suggestions to ensure NUTRIK standards are maintained and to lift the overall quality of Plumpy’Nut and Plumpy’Sup products going to the customer by:
- Maintaining and improving good practices
- Facilitating change to achieve continuous improvement in quality
- Providing assurances that quality standards are being met
- Overviewing daily production quality at site level.
- Monitoring and validating processes and procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring, and programming critical control points (CCP).
- Responsible for monitoring and product food safety and quality throughout the manufacturing process.
- Responsible for the correct recording and filing of all relevant record logs and Documentation.
- Ensures the correct recipe guidelines for products are met during processing.
Ensures employees are following all Food Safety and worker safety practices.
- Ensures and educates employees on food safety standards.
- Conduct and monitor validation processes for equipment, processes and materials.
- Responsible to issue disciplinary action when directed.
- Supervise and maintain pest control plan and implementation.
- Perform inspections on Products, Equipment and Machinery – monitor equipment cleaning.
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive. The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Language skills: English & Hausa
- Education degree: Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or related field required
- Work experience: 2 years’ food industry plant experience & Previous experience in a supervisory capacity
Other Required Skills:
- Self-motivated with proven leadership skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, effectively under pressure, and
- deadline-oriented environment.
- Flexible availability; we work night and weekend shifts
5th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted.
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.
- Due to the urgency to fill the post, recruitment will be done on the rolling basis and Nutri K reserves the right to recruit before the deadline.