British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
Job Position: Quality Inspector
Job Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The job holder must ensure that tobacco and its products are sampled, analysed and reported so that accurate and timely decision can be taken by the Management.
- In addition, will need to develop, perform and maintain work instructions, test methods, calibration and maintenance in compliance with ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 17025
- Calibrate all equipment daily before use and document appropriately.
- Make relevant adjustments to instrument if calibration is found incorrect.
- Report any faults found on instruments immediately and in the correct manner.
- Ensure the equipment is clean after every use.
- Collect routine samples of products in line with minimum requirement for PQI/RQA and relevant protocols.
- Ensure all sampling are well documented.
- Carry out smoking (Linear Smoke Machine + Gas Chromatograph), blend chemistry (Continuous Flow Analyzer), menthol check (Gas Chromatograph) and Triacetin measurement (Gas Chromatograph) in line with relevant protocols.
- Ensure the evaluation of routine samples of product in line with minimum requirement for routine analysis and other relevant protocols.
- Support Quality Improvement Initiatives.
- Produce accurate, timely and error-free information on routine product samples tested.
- Ensure no errors in data collected and recorded.
- Ensure distribution of results in timely manner.
- Ensure proper use of all relevant test equipment
- Authorise to initiate logging of non-conformance according to procedure.
- Authorise to alter records (hard copy, during analysis)
- Ability to stop work if an unsafe or non-standard condition is detected
- Responsible to inform Management immediately of any unsafe condition detected
- Initiate a preventive action request
- Responsible to maintain client and laboratory confidentiality
- Responsible for incoming inspection of purchased item
- Adhere to all statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible to identify areas of improvement
- Minimum of BSc / HND in any of the sciences related courses
- Good knowledge of laboratory processes and procedures.
- Knowledge in ISO 17025 and ISO 9001 : 2015
- Knowledge of equipment software like Chemstation, Flow Access etc.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office tools
- Good coordination skills.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Good reporting skills
Competitive Salary Package + Excellent Benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online