Amazon Energy Limited is a leader in the provision of innovative Integrated Energy Services, primarily to the Petroleum sectors. We also have strategic interests in downstream trading and shipping. Whether it is subsea, surface and concept development or decommissioning, our all-round technical expertise and strong partnerships provide energy companies the racetrack to success. Our history of engineering excellence even in the most challenging environments, combined with our approach steeped in deep local knowledge delivers great results for our clients and stakeholders.
Job Position: Quantity Surveyor – Amazon Energy
Job Location: Lagos
- The role of the Quantity Surveyor is to Cost estimate, cost planning and cost management.
- You will also be responsible for predicting potential risks in the project and taking precautions to mitigate such., while also forecasting the costs of different materials needed for the project.
- Conducting feasibility studies to estimate materials, time and labor costs
- Preparing, negotiating and analyzing costs for tenders and contracts
- Coordination of work effort
- Providing advice on cost implications of the client’s requirements and other stakeholders’ decisions
- Providing advice on the contractual documentation to Company.
- Provide and price bills of quantities, prepare cost analysis, advice on financial implications, advise on the use of areas and provide a measurement of areas.
- Valuing completed work and arranging for payments
- Reviewing construction plans and preparing quantity requirements.
- Scrutinizing maintenance and material costs, as well as contracts to ensure the best deals.
- Liaising with site managers, clients, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Preparing reports, analyses, contracts, budgets, risk assessments, and other documents.
- Advising managers and clients on improvements and new strategies.
- Keeping track of materials and ordering more when required.
- Documenting any changes in design and updating budgets.
- Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Preparation of Bids and Tenders
- Traveling from the office to various sites as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Management, or similar.
- Construction estimating or finance experience is advantageous.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Sound knowledge of construction.
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize, plan, and strategize.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Great networking abilities.
15th February, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online