Menzon Limited is a professional Outsourcing Company with specialization in Human Capital Management, Training and Planning with key focus emphasizes, engagement of Professionalism in Human Capital Need analysis, Planning, Sourcing, Placement, Management and disengagement/exit with full compliance to GLOBAL STANDARDS.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- We are looking to hire Quantity Surveyor. Successful candidate will be involved in maximizing project margin, adding value to the construction process by proactive involvement in procurement, cost management and reporting.
- The Quantity Surveyor drive best value from suppliers and subcontractors. Carries out monthly financial reviews on projects and forecast final outturn values for cost, sales, and margin.
- The role will maximize value of monthly applications and measurement and submission of contract variations. Timely submission and negotiation of final accounts to the client / main contractor and subcontractors.
- Work with project management team to develop project budgets and monitor to ensure that actual construction costs are kept within the approved project costs.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities details regarding quantities, with identified commercial risks and ensuring strict adherence to contractual terms and conditions
- Negotiate costs, evaluating bids and procure the services of contractors, subcontractors, and consultants
- Track variations to contracts that may affect costs and ensure accurate, robust, and timely cash flow and value reporting, periodical forecasting, and cost management for projects
- Track changes to designs and construction works and adjust budget projections accordingly
- Liaise with contractors, consultants, client representatives and other third parties on commercial issues, including analysing completed work, agreement of variations, claims and the preparation of applications for project payments
- Minimize the costs of projects and enhancing value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Identifying, analysing, and developing the necessary solutions to commercial risks.
- Work closely with the Procurement Team on the development of procurement strategies for projects
- Performing site visits, assessments, measurement, and valuation of work done on sites.
Minimum Qualification / Experience:
- Quantity Surveying Graduate with over 7 years work experience in similar role for construction company.
- NIQS (Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors) Certified and QSRBN (Quantity Surveyors Registration Board of Nigeria) Registered Professional is desirable.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Practical mind with strong numerical and financial management skills
- written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write clear reports to convey complex information in a simple way to a diverse range of people
- Commercially astute, numerate, risk averse & able to accurately forecast cost & sales.
- Multi tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Demonstrable experience in negotiation & construction contracts.
- Good working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Building and Civil Engineering industry with the ability to read and interpret Architectural, Structural and Mechanical & Electrical drawings.
- Understanding of HSE building regulations and legal guidelines
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work
- IT Literate able to use Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project & Construction Costing Software.
- Have good practical organization skills, planning of resources and programme scheduling.
- Be able to provide both summarized and detailed reports, on current activities.
24th November 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter attached to: [email protected] using “Quantity Surveyor” as subject of the email.
Note: Kindly ensure that your CV is saved with your full name.