Menzon Nigeria Limited is a professional Outsourcing Company with a specialization in Human Capital Sourcing, Selection, Placement, Management, and Training. Our key focus emphasizes the engagement of Professionalism in Human Capital Need analysis, Planning, Sourcing, Placement, Management, and disengagement/exit with full compliance with GLOBAL STANDARDS.
Job Position: Quantity Surveyor
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
- We are looking to hire Quantity Surveyor. Successful candidates be involved in maximizing project margin, adding value to the construction process by proactive involvement in procurement, cost management, and reporting.
- The Quantity Surveyor drives the best value from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Carries out monthly financial reviews on projects and forecasts final outturn values for cost, sales, and margin.
- The role will maximize the value of monthly applications and measurement and submission of contract variations.
- Timely submission and negotiation of final accounts to the client / main contractor and subcontractors.
- Work with the project management team to develop project budgets and monitor to ensure that actual construction costs are kept within the approved project costs.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities details regarding quantities, with identified commercial risks and ensuring strict adherence to contractual terms and conditions
- Negotiate costs, evaluate bids and procure the services of contractors, subcontractors, and consultants
- Track variations to contracts that may affect costs and ensure accurate, robust, and timely cash flow and value reporting, periodical forecasting, and cost management for projects
- Track changes to designs and construction works and adjust budget projections accordingly
- Liaise with contractors, consultants, client representatives and other third parties on commercial issues, including analysing completed work, agreement of variations, claims and the preparation of applications for project payments
- Minimize the costs of projects and enhancing value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Identifying, analysing, and developing the necessary solutions to commercial risks.
- Work closely with the Procurement Team on the development of procurement strategies for projects
- Performing site visits, assessments, measurement, and valuation of work done on sites.
Minimum Qualification / Experience:
- Quantity Surveying Graduate with over 3 – 5 years of work experience in a similar role for a construction company.
- NIQS (Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors) Certified and QSRBN (Quantity Surveyors Registration Board of Nigeria) Registered Professional is desirable.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Practical mind with strong numerical and financial management skills
- written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write clear reports to convey complex information in a simple way to a diverse range of people
- Commercially astute, numerate, risk averse & able to accurately forecast cost & sales.
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Demonstrable experience in negotiation & construction contracts.
- Good working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Building and Civil Engineering industry with the ability to read and interpret Architectural, Structural, Mechanical & Electrical drawings.
- Understanding of HSE building regulations and legal guidelines
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work
- IT Literate able to use Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project & Construction Costing Software.
- Have good practical organization skills, planning of resources and program scheduling.
- Be able to provide both summarized and detailed reports, on current activities.
23rd July, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Quantity Surveyor” as the subject of the email.
Note: Kindly ensure that your CV is saved with your full name.