Ultimus Development Group is a broad-based real estate and allied solutions firm with current full-scale operations in Construction, Property Development, Facility Management and Interior Architecture and Design. Whilst we aim to operate in every strategic area within the sector, we ensure that every of our existing operational companies grows to be market leaders in their respective sectors.
Job Position: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing contracts with subcontractors and suppliers
- Meet subcontractors and suppliers on-site where necessary
- Ensure compliance to project budgets and provide analysis of deviations
- Research new materials for design and cost savings
- Ensure that all subcontractors and suppliers provide insurance policies for products delivered
- Maintain a mutually beneficial relationship with suppliers and distributors to ensure adequate suppliers at all times for the company and to continually improve pricing and quality of work
- Establish new relationships with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of work
- Ensure awareness and company compliance to all building codes and local construction guidelines.
- Assist in maintaining company quality control program
- Leverage technology, safety measures, and information sharing to increase productivity and profitability
- Handle change order requests and forecast upcoming demand
- Manage materials/equipment inventory
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders
- Positively represent the company at all times through a success-oriented and professional demeanour
- Work with team members to complete duties as needed
- At least a Second-Class Upper Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying (Q.S.) Upper Limit High National Diploma in Q.S.
- Must be Certified by the Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (NIQS)
- Minimum of 7 years experience as a Quantity Surveyor/ Procurement Officer in the Construction industry
- Proficient in standard industry software
To successfully perform the typical tasks and duties of the position, the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities listed below are required:
- Ability to effectively solve problems and conflicts
- Ability to negotiate and purchase products at the best cost value
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and provide leadership in the execution of complex construction projects
- Ability to delegate and manage multiple operations effectively
- Ability to assess the operational effectiveness of contractors
- Possesses written and oral communication skills to support decisions and recommendations
- Conducts meetings and provides effective leadership to construction team members
- Develops and manages budgets within established parameters
- Ability to analyse and interpret technical materials accurately and effectively
- Effective in making objective decisions
- Strong knowledge of engineering drawings and specifications
- Strong team philosophy
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with construction contractors, vendors, and consultants
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
17th June 2022.
Method of application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using Job Role as the subject of the email.