Megawatts Nigeria Limited is an infrastructure solutions provider. We offer Mechanical, Electrical and Piping solutions for construction, oil & gas sectors, infrastructure and industrial projects. Our pride lies in the provision of innovative engineering services using the latest technologies.
Job Position: Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager
Job Location: Gbagada, Lagos
- We are an MEP firm with our headquarters in Lagos. We are searching for a Quantity Surveyor/ Commercial Manager to be in charge of all cost estimating, cost planning, cost research, cost monitoring, controlling, and measuring.
- You are also responsible for the planning and administration of the project’s life cycle from inception to completion.
- Review architectural plans and prepare quantity needs.
- Prepare cost analysis based on engineering estimates, architectural drawings, materials required and labor involved.
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers.
- Prepare cost plans to enable the project team to produce practical designs for all projects by liaising with engineers, architect and subcontractors.
- Evaluate and assist in negotiating tenders from contractors and subcontractors.
- Communicate regularly with project team and subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times.
- Control all stages of projects within the predetermined budget and expenditure.
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Supply all relevant information to the Project Manager for review at the specified interval set.
- Commercial vetting of subcontractor tenders and contracts.
- Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjust budget projections accordingly
- Procure or agree the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of the project
- BSc Degree from a reputable university.
- Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 8 years experience in Quantity Surveying experience with an MEP Company
- Candidate must be a certified member of NIQS, QSRBN and other Professional bodies.
- In-depth understanding of construction, materials, pricing, and industry.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and Construction Costing Softwares
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for a better solution.
- Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets, and financial reports.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online