mia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
- Job Position: Reconciliation Operations Associate
- Job Location: Lagos
- Department: Operations – Vendor Excellence – Vendor Experience
- As Reconciliation Ops Associate, your responsibility is to reconcile vendors’ accounts for orders communicated to ensure vendors’ books are balanced and provide visibility on transactions between items dropped off and payment received within the shortest possible time.
- Processing payment within the 30-day vendor commitment to ensure the company promise to vendors is fulfilled.
- Interacting with vendors via Salesforce to resolve all issues relating to the payment of items dropped off but not account for on SC.
- Managing the lost, defective, and detective damage queue to ensure queue is not infiltrated and payment is made within the shortest possible time.
- Conceptualizing, brainstorming, and creating engaging, informative, relevant, and viral-worthy processes to enhance Jumia Mall and Jumia Services operations.
- Works directly with Jumia services team to ensure items are correctly updated and packages are moved appropriately to avoid delay with payments.
- Analyzing and Implementing global order agreement by ensuring global vendors returns are paid with the right exchange rate and transfer ownership to Jumia is done correctly for resale on the site.
- Monitoring and enforcing timelines on lost/Inexception status are duely followed to ensure write-off is done within SLA.
- Protecting the business interest by identifying invalid claims from vendors and developing process flow to eliminate loopholes within the system.
- BSc in Operations / Logistics & Supply Chain or other related fields.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment preferably in a similar role.
- Excellent use of excel would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of the Online Marketplace and the Ecommerce Industry.
- Basic knowledge of HTML is an advantage.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online