Adventus.io is a B2B2C SaaS-based marketplace supporting institutions, recruiters and students within the international student placement sector. Our innovative platform allows institutions, recruiters and students to directly connect with one another, resulting in matching the right international study experience with students across the world. Founded in 2018, we’re on a mission to change the way the world accesses international education. Behind the technology, we have over 500 amazingly talented humans making it all happen. We’re looking for ambitious self-starters who want to be part of our vision and create a positive legacy.
Job Position: Regional Admissions Manager – APS
Job Location: Maitama, Abuja
The Admissions team is responsible for managing the Application & Acceptance processes, Visa, and their relevant procedures to deliver a customer-focused service to our recruitment partners, universities, and institutions.
- Adventus.io is partnering with an aspirational and internationally focused UK university to enhance its capacity and recruitment outcomes from Africa.
- The role will be required to assess applications and complete compliance interviews on behalf of the institution.
- Oversee the Application assessment and compliance interview services delivered to the client on behalf of Adventus professional services..
- Ensure the team uses a deep understanding of the programs to guide prospective candidates through all stages of the process – from initial inquiry till visas.
- Lead a team of subject matter expert who will be helping internal/ external stakeholders to ensure fast processing of applications and ensuring quality adherence.
- Lead Processing of applications as per the UK institution requirements. Being committed to the highest standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity in pursuit of positive outcome.
- Keep informed of laws, regulations and SOPs related to visa cases. You must oversee the completion of all relevant visa and immigration documents and ensure that they are received within the time limit set by the respective embassies.
- Preparing reports and visa interview notes, correspondence related to compliance which are also not limited to dealing with client queries by phone, email and in person, maintaining accurate files, electronic and other records.
- Provide a frontline support service, in identifying and resolving issues related to international student applications assessment and lodgement to education providers.
Ensure the team is effectively processing student applications to meet published Service Level Agreement targets and other team KPI’s, primarily involving:
- Manage the inflow of applications and maintain confidential applicant information with a high degree of accuracy. Track and communicate with recruiters as their students move through evaluation, interview, and decision process until they receive final decisions from the provider and embassies.
- train staff to enhance their understanding of regional admissions and visa processes to help them to fulfill their roles to a high level. Maintain strong working relationships with all colleagues.
- Supporting the senior management teams with management reports and special projects
- Identifies, hires, trains, and manages a team of well-qualified staff to represent the company to engage with prospective recruiters during application process
- Meet (face to face and/or on-line) with the university admissions or/and compliance training teams and attend embassy briefings to update knowledge on the product and market.
- You are a regional subject matter expert, and responsible for ensuring successful processing of all application and leading the process for all of Sub Saharan Africa.
- Candidates should possess an HND / B.Sc Degree
- 7 to 10 years work experience within the international student recruitment industry especially in the UK international education industry.
- Experience in successfully leading a high performing team
- Strong knowledge of the regional, international education systems for the region.
- Previous experience handling international student application cases from start to completion.
Experience of using computerized systems/databases to achieve work goals and tasks.
- Proven experience within an international education related role, preferably within an International Admissions environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and able to interpret and follow prescribed processes, recognizing when to seek additional guidance from more experienced team members.
- A strong collaborator who works well with other teams in Admissions and the wider business. Openly shares information with others on a regular basis.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrates a growth and continuous improvement-mindset – open to feedback and acquiring knowledge.
- You will be working in a highly collaborative environment at Adventus.io.
- This position is office based.
- You will be provided with the necessary tools and equipment to carry out the role.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- At Adventus.io, our partners come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because diversity makes us even greater.
- We want you to be you so welcome the unique contributions that you can bring regardless of your education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender.