Prospa is a bank for Nigerian entrepreneurs. We’re building the financial operating system for African entrepreneurs and businesses. Using our intuitive and beautifully designed mobile and web application, entrepreneurs are able to manage all their business and banking in one place.
We are backed by Y Combinator, and some of the most well respected and prolific investors, builders and operators in the US, Africa and Europe like Immad Akund (CEO @ mercury.com), Microtraction and many others.
Job Position: Regional Business Manager
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- As a Regional Business Manager you will be a business leader managing a designated area with the key responsibility of ensuring regional profitable growth, attainment of sales revenue through planning, execution and management of a Team.
- This will entail consistently achieving set sales targets and growth plans for the region, building strategic relationships that will deliver a pipeline of sales growth, oversee regional opex costings and developing an effective Team.
- The RBM will be completely responsible for driving new growth in the target region.
- This role reports directly into the Head Of Sales and there is opportunity for significant growth into the various leadership roles.
- Lead in the formulation of the tactical sales strategy, business plans implementation programs and budgets within the designated region
- Provide leadership and direction; and optimize Route To Market (RTM) and Distributor Development Design and development aimed to deliver numeric distribution growth and increase sales revenue
- Oversee the Regional Opex Management focusing on optimizing key cost drivers and deliver profitability
- Champion the Member Experience agenda within the region to deliver top of class experience on the after sales touchpoints
- Champion brand and trade visibility within the region through excellent trade marketing execution and relationship management
- Market intelligence – be the go to person on the region market insights and develop strategy to counter competition growth
- Engage and manage staff performance, capability and capacity development through coaching and field accompaniments.
- Minimum of Degree in a Business field acquired from a reputable university
- Must have 5-8 years hands on experience in managerial jobs in Service or FMCG/Telecom/Insurance/renewable energy industry within the North West region (having worked there) will be an added advantage
- Must be very fluent in English and other relevant local languages
- Must be resident within the Lagos States and have a deep knowledge of the region
- Demonstrated ability of developing and leading a sales team that exceeds expectations
- Proven track record of hitting and exceeding targets and building partnerships
- Demonstrate problem solving capability – ability to create win-win situations while deriving desired numbers and outcomes
- Commercial acumen – demonstrate ability to build business concepts from ambiguity and deploy within short periods of time to achieve high level of success
- Willingness to spend an average of 4 days a week in the field
- Strong mindset for continuous improvement and meeting and exceeding expectations and able to demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality
- Passion for social enterprise, development of people and environmental benefits
- Must be based in Lagos
- Must be available to start work no later than 14th April 2023
Successful Prospa People exhibit the following:
- Mission driven
- Independent thinking
- Self motivated
- High performers
Here’s Just Some Of Our Prospa Perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical cover
- Paid time off (leave days)
- Work tools
- We invest in our Employees through career development & opportunities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online