Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC, a member of Standard Bank Group, is a full-service financial services group with major business focus on three pillars – Corporate and Investment Banking, Personal and Business Banking, and Wealth Management.
- Job Position: Regional Head Corporate
- Job ID: 55286
- Job Location: Abuja
- Job Sector: Insurance
- Test Division Summary
- To grow and develop insurance premium in order to deliver profitable revenue streams to the Business and Group.
- The Job holder will manage Corporates, including Insurance Brokers as channels in business development.
- Creation of sales strategy/ies that will enhance the Group’s vision to be the leading end to end financial solutions provider.
- This will include cross sell to customers of the Group, potential customers from outside the Group and developing new market frontiers.
- Develop sales channel strategy covering brokers, institutions , bancassurance channels etc
- Delivers on sale of insurance policies and premium income through focus channels for Stanbic IBTC Insurance Limited.
- Customer retention
- Has a thorough understanding of the strategic business drivers, opportunities, challenges, needs, competition and threats inherent in the insurance environment
- Has a good understanding of both traditional and non-traditional competitors, their drivers, products, strengths, vulnerabilities, market share/client base and the impact that these factors have Customer Value Proposition
- Continuously monitor the market trends in the insurance industry, including regulatory and legal framework, with a view to assessing the possible impact on the insurance industry.
- Support insurance knowledge and awareness within the Company and through various designated channels of Sales.
- Ensure to close the loop with customers at all times. E.g. taking enquiries, ensuring prompt delivery of policy documents, proper awareness communication plan to support their decision making etc.
- Assess customers risks through profiling of customer segments and understanding of their business
- Review periodically the insurance portfolio and liaise with technical to make recommendations. This could result in the development of new products or enhancement of existing ones.
- Maintain relationship with internal stakeholders within CIB, PBB and Wealth.
- Maintain and improve relationship with external stakeholders which include NAICOM, insurance companies, brokers, direct Corporate clients/partners etc
- Ensure no regulatory breach is recorded against the team in conduct and in doing business.
- Analyse the performance results of competitors to bench mark the company.
- Supervise sales team members in ensuring:
- Individual member development
- Cohesive Team development
- Fostering the organisational culture.
- First Degree in any discipline
- Professional Qualification in Insurance will be an advantage
- An MBA will also be an advantage
- Wealth Management
- Insurance 7-10 years
- In-depth knowledge of products, client management, managerial experience
- Ability to grasp business models within the Insurance space pertaining to utility of various products in order to deliver on the overall strategy of the business.
- Ability to identify and dimension business risks as opportunities and engage clients to provide novel products and solutions within the overall sales and revenue strategy
- Ability to use initiative within limits of authority, investigate to obtain additional information or deal with ambiguity and present opportunities to more senior stakeholders as appropriate
- Insurance Principles : Understanding of the basic principles of insurance including good faith, insurable interest, indemnity, contribution, subrogation and proximate cause
- Ability/flexibility to negotiate re-evaluation with superiors in line with changing business needs
- Ability to identify potential problems and opportunities and pro-actively proffer solutions through the Stanbic IBTC Insurance offering in collaboration with other underlying asset and liability products
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online