Canonical – We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it’s the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
Job Position: Regional HR Manager
Job Location: Lagos
- With 1,000 colleagues across 70 countries, we require an HR function that thinks and acts globally.
- We’re looking for three regional leads that will all report into our Global Head of People who can help build our company as we go through continued growth plans. It’s an exciting time to join with the opportunity to help shape and create an HR function for the future.
- You will lead the Americas or EMEA team of HR professionals to provide precise, compliant and scalable HR operations to the business, advise and execute on HR issues across the whole employee life-cycle, and partner with senior leadership in your region.
- You will have an analytical approach, a keen eye for detail and the ability to interpret data trends and themes.
- Lead and scale Canonical’s regional HR team (1-4 direct reports, depending on region).
- Deliver precise and compliant HR operations in a timely manner and with the highest degree of accuracy.
- Interact closely with Talent Acquisition and Workplace Engineering teams and create tight-knit processes across all HR regions.
- Be accountable for HR processes such as talent development, succession planning, performance assessments, onboarding, culture and engagement initiatives that drive a high performing team.
- Work with senior managers across the business on performance management, organizational design, employee engagement, rewards- and workforce planning
- Coach and advise people managers on the full spectrum of employee relations issues across multiple countries.
- Partner with people managers to support the delivery of appropriate training and development programs.
- Establish a trusted partnership with the business in your region.
- Drive diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Design new policies and deliver on business-critical HR related projects globally
- Present at Canonical events to articulate Canonical’s HR practices.
- Degree qualified.
- HR experience leading initiatives across regions within a technology business (Americas or EMEA).
- People management experience.
- Experience in business partnering with senior stakeholders.
- A good balance between leading and executing, in this role you will need to be hands-on involved in the daily HR routines, too.
- Experience in working in a remote first organization.
- Able to leverage data to make informed decisions.
- Knowledge and practical implementation of HR practices and employment law across EMEA or Americas.
- Fluent in business English (written and spoken).
- Self motivated, organized, accurate, confident, authentic, results-orientated, open-minded, enthusiastic and energetic.
- Willingness to travel up to 4 times a year for internal events.
Additional Skills that you might also bring:
- Experience with immigration policies and mobility processes.
- Professional HR qualification (CIPD/SHRM or other).
- Facilitation skills.
What We Offer You
- Your base pay will depend on various factors including your geographical location, level of experience, knowledge and skills. In addition to the benefits above, certain roles are also eligible for additional benefits and rewards including annual bonuses and sales incentives based on revenue or utilization. Canonical’s compensation philosophy is to ensure equity right across our global workforce.
In addition to a competitive base pay, we provide all team members with additional benefits, which reflect our values and ideals. Please note that additional benefits may apply depending on the work location and, for more information on these, please ask your Talent Partner.
- Fully remote working environment – we’ve been working remotely since 2004!
- Personal learning and development budget of 2,000USD per annum
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual holiday leave
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunity to travel to new locations to meet colleagues at ‘sprints’
- Priority Pass for travel and travel upgrades for long haul company events
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online