Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose – to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
- Job Position: Regional Manager
- Job Location: Yaba, Lagos
- Department: Human Capital
- Sector: Financial Services
- Career Level: Manager, Grade 11
- Reports to: General Manager, Agent Network Sales
- The Regional Manager is responsible for delivering on agent, customer, merchant and revenue growth targets through effective development and management of a distribution network. The role involves hands-on supervision of a 50+ person field sales/operational support team, ensuring teamwork and capability development, and delivering on commercial targets defined for each period.
- To be successful you will need to be comfortable spending significant time in the field motivating the team and agents and driving both to exceed set targets. You must be someone with a strong ability to influence and work collaboratively with teams that do not report to you.
- The ideal candidate must have a clearly-demonstrated track record in channel recruiting and management and should have produced meaningful sales revenues at a fast-moving consumer goods company or similar. The candidate must also have demonstrated skills in driving volumes through a channel, relationship building, monitoring and evaluating results to devise strategies. The candidate must also have demonstrated an ability to motivate a team, provide mentorship, and understand how to grow sales staff.
- The successful candidate will also need to be someone who cares about others, relatable, trustworthy, takes initiative, calm under pressure, and have great communication skills – verbal, non-verbal, and written.
- Responsible for providing leadership to the region by ensuring that the appropriate structures, systems, and competencies and sales values are developed to exceed revenue targets
- Working via the field team to manage recruitment, activation and ongoing support of agents across the region
- Delivering on revenue targets for all products through agent-related transactions
- Selection, training and ongoing performance management of regional staff. Focus on optimization of team performance, enhancement of morale and productivity
- Drive collaboration (regional) with cross-functional teams who support the activities of the agent network (Marketing, Product Innovation, Customer Service, Finance etc.)
- Budgeting and accounting for utilization of regional funds, human and material resources, and other assets
- Keeping abreast of global trends and best practices relevant to the business, with a view to interpret and adapt same to fit our environment
- Ensure regional stakeholders’ compliance with regulatory requirements and Company standards
- Preparing weekly, monthly and annual operational and management reports
- Overall leadership in the region, including representing the Company and its management when and as needed
- Strong leadership
- Excellent Analytical, tactical and strategic thinking
- Strong ability to motivate, influence and advice people
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Good understanding of Lagos and Ogun state market, consumer preferences, and trends
- Attention to detail
- Initiative and curiosity
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Good judgement and decision-making ability
- Conflict resolution
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, non-verbal and written
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 5years of relevant experience in sales at an FMCG with at least regional management experience
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and sales tracking software
- Must be able to work in a high-velocity, high performance environment.
- Must be able to develop and communicate competitive landscape analysis
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- A detailed understanding of the wholesale and retail distribution marketplace, including their potential customers, partner suppliers, and competitors. In addition, knowledge of what motivates and drives Lagos & Ogun state retailers
- Drive channel satisfaction improvement
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online