Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and Proactive. We are a global food company with 6 business units operating in 95 markets. We have the mind-set of a start-up. This makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products – from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
Job Position: Regional Marketing Intern – AMEA
Job Location: Nigeria
- We are looking for a dynamic and outstanding all-round undergraduate to join Upfield, Number 1 plant-based company in the world; on full time basis. The role will report directly into the Global Marketing Manager Blue Band/ Regional Marketing Manager -AMEA.
- The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and resourceful, with a proactive & goal orientated mind-set looking to break out from the status-quo. He/she is fully responsible for marketing end-end process with the guidance of the team, which is development as well as Deployment. This includes, but is not limited to, Consumer Insight, Concept-, Product, and Communication Mix Development, Research and Digital media.
- If you have studied Marketing, or has a background (Marketing Undergraduate Degree / Chartered Institute of Marketing) will be useful
- Are you a Biological Science/Physical Science student wanting to shift career paths? This maybe your change- As long as you are keen to learn, any field of studies is welcome
Skills and Experience Required:
- High Bias for Action! Mount Everest high!
- Entrepreneurial mind-set! You want to have your own company a couple of years from now! But hack, let’s do this first!
- Proven ability to lead a multi-cultural, multi-country projects team across different time zones (a 9 to 5 mentality would not work here and need to work in Amsterdam time as well as Australia and Nigeria time. This is also a full time job- if you want to pass time while your degree finishes, this is not for you).
- Great communication skills is a must. You can sort anything and everything with good communication
- You need to have the hunger to learn and that has to be your sole objective of this internship
- Strong business acumen and organisational awareness. This means, you know what is going on around you at all times. And you know what to do and how to handle it
- Should be flexible not just in terms of timings but scope of work and work dynamics. Change is the constant and one should adapt to it.
- Should really be good at following up with different teams (Someone with go getter attitude)
- You need to be able to manage agency relationships (creative, research, media buying) because coordination and even the day-to-day mundane activities is a part of the job
- Basic understanding of media (ATL and BTL) and willing to quickly learn all ins-and-outs.
- You love competitive pressure; you think outside of the box (what box?)
- Your passion is creating consumer love! Every working hour of every working day. It is what gets you up in the morning!
- You are independent. You can take & run with any idea or a campaign. All we have to do is to plant the seed of a great idea
- You are part of a TEAM. And these teams are sacred. They are built on trust and mutual respect. And you respect that!
- Your Personal Power! At Upfield Foods we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online