Nomanini – Established in 2011, Nomanini is the pioneering fintech platform for the informal retail ecosystem that connects merchants and distributors to each other and to global service providers, integrating payments, working capital, and data analytics to unlock the latent potential of Africa’s economy. As the pioneering fintech platform for the informal retail ecosystem, Nomanini connects merchants and distributors to each other and to global service providers, integrating payments, working capital, and data analytics to unlock the latent potential of Africa’s economy.
- Job Position: Regional Partnership Manager – West Africa
- Job Location: Remote (Nigeria)
- At Nomanini, we believe that the people who work with us and for us are our most important resource. To this end, Nomanini is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the role of Regional Partnership Manager, West Africa.
- This role features a dual responsibility of relationship management and new business development for the West African region, covering both English and French-speaking territories.
- This role is an opportunity to have a massive positive impact on many tens of thousands of lives. We are looking for someone who finds motivation in the work we do and is willing to work with us to deliver services in this underserved space.
- Establish and sustain solid relationships with key people at the existing customers
- Champion the customer agenda in the business while balancing that with Nomanini’s objectives for customer
- Understand the customers’ businesses intimately so as to proactively recommend new solutions/ products that can grow the customer’s business
- Develop annual revenue forecasts in conjunction with the customer
- Regularly track the customer’s performance against the annual plan and collaborate with the customer on ways to achieve or outperform the annual targets
- Identify new product development opportunities and liaise with Product to validate the opportunity
- Identify new feature requirements and facilitate the development thereof with Product and/or Engineering, as the case might be
- Liaise with the Support Team for trends on the most common complaints by the customer and investigate possible solutions
- Benchmark customers performance against comparable customers in the region and facilitate the sharing of good practices between non-competing customers or customers of the same group
- Utilize the company’s CRM tools to ensure that your engagements with each of your customers are recorded and visible to the team.
- Liaise with and collaborate with Partnership Managers from other regions to share best practices and for knowledge sharing
- Align with the implementation team to ensure that you are close to all projects being implemented in your region
New Business Development:
- Identify new business development opportunities in the region
- Drive sustainable financial growth by growing the regional customer and revenue base and developing new strategic relationships with relevant partnerships
- Provide market intelligence and customer insights to the Project team in order to improve the products by translating the experience/ wishes of customers into implementable requirements
- Utilize the company’s Business Development tools to ensure that your Business Development activities are recorded and visible to the team
- Engage with product developments to ensure that your understanding of our products is always up to date and superior
- At least 5 years sectoral experience in FMCG, Financial Services, and/or Fintech
- Proven prior work experience in relationship management and new business development
- Exceptional planner and strategist yet with a strong bias towards action
- Strong tolerance for uncertainty and dealing with customers where Nomanini is a junior party in the partnership
- Tenacity to navigate “big corporate” intricacies with our partners
- Analytical self-starter with an eye for detail
- Flexible-minded, recognizing that the split between Relationship Management and New Business Development responsibilities will be dynamic at all times
- Entrepreneurial in nature and acts as an owner at all times
- Based in one of the countries in the region
- Able to travel fairly extensively in the region
- Ability to deliver success while working remotely and autonomously
- Strong communication skills, negotiation, presentation, and organizational skills
- Budget development and management experience
- Can work collaboratively with a distributed team and also closely with colleagues from within customer organizations
Joining Nomanini means you will be joining an entrepreneurial and inclusive culture, where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things. The position offers a market-related base salary, bonus, and shareholding in the company.
31st March 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This is a fully remote role reporting directly to the Chief Revenue Officer.
- Applications will be accepted from candidates who are located in any of the following West African countries: Senegal, Côte d’Ivoire, Cameroon, Ghana, as well as Nigeria.
- Only candidates who are fluent in both business French and English will be considered.
- Nomanini reserves the right not to make an appointment.