The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset financing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
Job Position: Regional Sales Training Lead
Job Location: Lagos (On-site)
- You will be responsible for equipping the salesforce with the tools, skills and knowledge required to effectively sell new and existing products.
- In addition to delivering effective sales training, improving new Direct Sales Representatives (DSR) productivity, ensuring newly recruited DSRs’ conversion, and supporting all sales activities across their respective region.
- You will report to the regional sales manager.
Training and Development:
- Support the creation of a relevant annual Learning and Development /training calendar through training needs surveys, assessments, reports, and feedback surveys for the Sales team.
- Design appropriate business impactful training or learning and development actions that support the achievement of business objectives.
- Define expected training outcomes and implement strategies to achieve these outcomes.
- Develop and create up-to-date training material and deliver regular high-impact training that can be immediately applied by the salesforce (SEs/FSMs and DSRs).
- Drive learning transfer and deploy performance support where possible to teams on the field.
- Document results of training delivered and provide training reports to management to enhance visibility on field operations.
- Ensure processes, products, projects/ pilots training e.g. new product roll-out, price, and process changes are done timely and, in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensure newly recruited DSRs are trained, registered, and converted in their F-7.
- Train DSRs on proper onboarding and KYC Fidelity to ensure good QoS.
Direct Sales Representative (DSR) Recruitment and Retention:
- DSR Documentation – Ensure all DSRs are trained and provide all documents/sales materials or documents for DSRs including being point persons for all audits.
- Ensure all recruited DSRs meet the recruitment checklist to facilitate a speedy conversion.
- Ensure timely registration of all newly trained DSRs, assist in removing blockers and demotivating factors, and create an enabling environment for DSR support and performance.
- Conduct onboarding training for DSRs – Actual content delivery and executing M-30.
- Observe field sales encounters and perform demonstrations, conduct training/coaching, and support new DSRs on the field to ensure they hit their KPIs.
- Work towards improving F30 and support sales to achieve all sales targets/Levers
- Coach for performance improvement and understanding of DSR issues.
- Ensure DSR retention within control and keep track of DSR exits, perform monthly system clean up, tracking of active and inactive DSR, coaching for performance improvement, or understanding of DSR issues.
- Ensuring newly recruited DSRs are trained, registered, and converted in their F-7.
- HND/Bachelor’s Degree in Humanities and Social Sciences or any related field.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development, Association of Talent Development, or International Association of Sales Training will be an added advantage
- 4+ years experience in Field-Sales and/or Capability Development related field e.g. Micro-finance or other financial services, mobile money, FMCG, or other Products/Services in Nigeria
- Excellent presentation, communication, coaching, and people skills
- Good planning, organization, and conflict-resolution skills
- Ability to motivate a wide array of people to perform
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online